Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91422 times)
eclipsislamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #150 on: May 08, 2014, 05:41:37 PM » Author: eclipsislamps
Recently had a dream of inventing and making a Medium Pressure Mercury Low Pressure Sodium lamp (SOX-MV) which contained both sodium and mercury and looked exactly like a SOX lamp except coated with phosphor when off but when it was powered up it turned from the usual magenta to cyan, then green and then cool white with tremendous efficiency. If only such a thing existed.

Keeping electrodes hot and gases ionzied.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #151 on: May 09, 2014, 01:08:14 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I had one a few nights ago in which the power in my area would fail once a day, but the time could be controlled.  Then it started going out every three minutes.  I was standing in a boat harbor watching a HPS streetlight warm up (again) when everything went out with the same sort of bright flash an incandescent bulb makes when it burns out!
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #152 on: August 25, 2014, 11:01:46 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I had one last night in which I was somehow in contact with the person who built my late mother's house originally.  Somehow I was there? And they were coming over to that house for the first time in 20 years? and I was mentioning the 1988 Philips F40CWs that house had in all it's 4' fixtures and we were going to save them?
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #153 on: October 18, 2014, 10:45:01 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I had a short, but good one last night. I was in some sort of junk store with two other members... I think I identified one of them as don93s... and we came across three T17 lamps. Naturally the three of us were very excited, and agreed that we could each have one. Two of them were GE, and one was champion. They were a fictional type, about 3 feet long, and they had 3 pins - like an RF lamp - on each end. I think the dream ended there.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #154 on: October 19, 2014, 12:18:45 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had one awhile back where I came across a 4 lamp 8ft slimline turret.  I think I had it hung in a friend's woodworking shop's paint room for whatever reason.  Then there was a lot of junk in that room and there were four Norelco F96T12/CW/VHOs in white unmarked cardboard sleeves and the fixture was somehow VHO...
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #155 on: October 23, 2014, 10:28:21 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Last night (10-22-14), I dreamt that I was in a thrift/junque store kind of place with my soon-to-be retired Sony MDR-CD60 headphones on. I look down, and find that there is a specimen which I had been hunting for years. It was a circa 1980 Panasonic VTR very similar to this one. I traded with the store owner my Sony MDR-CD60's for the VTR since I knew that I would be getting a new pair of MDR-V6's very soon.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #156 on: November 01, 2014, 02:44:34 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had one a couple nights ago in which I realized I had had a F40D GE Mainlighter and not even known it.  You could "see" the arc through the phosphor, too, like in a 70s clearbander Sylvania mercury vapor lamp.  It was cool!
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #157 on: November 11, 2014, 11:36:02 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Had a short, but weird one last night. I had a BT-25 clearender MV lamp, and the first time I looked at it, it looked just fine, but then a moment later I pick it up again, and it's got a hole near the base, and somehow a small amount of liquid got inside the bulb, and it washed all the phosphor away!

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #158 on: February 15, 2015, 11:38:07 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Quite a while back I had an interesting dream... I was in my late father's workshop, and it was lit with quite a few 2x40 shop lights. There was one in particular that was powered by an
Advance E-PAK34 ballast, and I was trying to find a way to get up to the fixture so I could remove the ballast and experiment with it.  :D I could see the ballast, but wasn't successful in removing it.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:29:08 PM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #159 on: February 28, 2015, 09:02:13 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I just woke up from a really weird one. I dreamt that I was in Lowe's on their "junk" aisle - because apparently, this Lowe's had one aisle that was just like a thrift store. I was shopping on that aisle digging up old GE lamps and old toilet parts and you name it, it was probably piled up somewhere. While I was in store, they were doing some kind of renovation, and so all that stuff got thrown out. And then, some of the administrators from school showed up and started punching people in the face.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #160 on: March 02, 2015, 11:15:37 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Last night I had one where I was at work and they got this massive fluorescent fixture in, with an equally massive lamp in it...
The length was adjustable, up to like 20-something foot, the lamp was a T24!
The whole thing weighed 175lbs according to the sticker on it...nobody was even able to move it :lol:

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #161 on: March 07, 2015, 10:11:34 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
2 others from 2 different nights this week...
*night 1* I was in some store, and noticed one of the Troffers on the ceiling was missing its cover, something looked odd about about it so I went over to get a closer look...it had 2 4-foot T17 Slimlines! (spots for 2 more, but they were missing), I could tell the rest of the lights in that section of the store all had the same thing. The store was also in the process of upgrading/replacing their lights, I wanted to see if I could get some of those awesome old lights.

*night 2*
(first part of dream not light related, but later in it...) I found some strings of xmas lights in the dumpster inback of some place that manufactured them, I ofcourse saved everything in there (not too much), some of the sets had weird-colored wire/sockets.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #162 on: March 11, 2015, 08:44:42 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Had one last night where a fellow collector of all interesting things (including lights) was giving me an 8' turret shoplight...don't remember if it was slimline or HO or VHO though. 
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #163 on: March 12, 2015, 08:21:05 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I had a weird one a few weeks ago that I forgot about. I was in the 1880's in a small town, and we had just bought a new house in an old European style town.  But we were in North America (somewhere.) The house was two story and lit by either slimlines or HO, I don't recall. There were lots of older fixtures that the new lights had replaced - T5 stuff and T12 halfpipes and such. I was preparing to move furniture into the living room, and I found an abandoned Samsung Galaxy S4 that I picked up and started using. I remember in the dream thinking "Hey, this is way better than my iPhone 6!"

When I woke up, I started researching the Galaxy line of phones and came to the conclusion that that's what I'll be getting when my iPhone craps out. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:23:21 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #164 on: March 13, 2015, 10:56:01 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had one last night in which it looked like a "house flipping" TV show..."they" went to some light store, bought some lamps that looked like ceramic red A19s short necks, but had a full spectrum light...got home and the house caught fire and the "contractor" started throwing furniture and keepsakes out an upstairs window.
Later, in the same dream, I was going up this backcountry road and came across an old barn...inside which was the antenna setup for a low-power FM translator for an NPR station I know in real life...other metal things were making the signal audible just like people's tooth fillings can! (It was some oldies song I recognized then but can't think of now)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies