Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91445 times)
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #180 on: April 12, 2016, 12:30:33 AM » Author: xelareverse
I had a dream i used a streetlight ( Everlast Wellworth Type III )as a rocket ship / UFO looking thing for transportation to various places (light bulb store was one).
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #181 on: May 10, 2016, 06:53:47 PM » Author: Lumex120
I keep having dreams that I was able to get the 700w remote ballast floods that were in a demolished ice arena parking lot. I always wake up feeling rather sad. I don't think I will ever get over it lol.

Unofficial LG Discord

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #182 on: May 12, 2016, 07:15:20 AM » Author: rjluna2
Last night, I dreamt that I was at my neighbour’s house.  It has the illuminated corner shelf with translucent board.  I was looking at the time lapse movie of the process of incandescent light as it ages (it dims a bit enough that it no longer shines through the shelf).

I approached to the shelf and found a carton of replacement tube shaped bulb lying on the shelf.  Then, I proceed to look under the shelf and found three clear tube shaped axial coiled filament construction.  But, the one at the nearest corner has some kind of clear short neck AT25 incandescent light bulb that looks like it was burned out.  But, the subject bulb also has small capsule halogen incandescent light bulb in it and still burning.

I carefully proceed to unscrew the subject bulb trying to avoid burning my hand.  After removing the bulb, I found some kind of transparent coating that was chipped away looking like it has some kind of fragment crack as if the bulb has been compromised.  As I proceed to look at the base and found mogul base three way bulb.

As I attempted to show my neighbour, but the bulb came apart and the large filament happens to touch my back of my hand.  The next thing, I know that I am looking at very blacken chimney shape glass with bulge near the end that was for the incandescent halogen bulb.

Then, that was it.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #183 on: May 27, 2016, 12:30:56 PM » Author: Lumex120
Here is another one:
Near my cabin there is a severely overgrown abandoned gas station that is lush with vintage fixtures (2 VHO whiteways, a few MV square fixtures and 2 yardblasters). It looks like it has been abandoned for 20-30 years. There is not much left of the building either (maybe a tornado hit it or something) Well, I had a dream that I was exploring around it and suddenly found a somewhat large severely overgrown parking lot area behind it. It was completely surrounded and filled with vegetation. I looked around it to see if there was anything interesting, and I suddenly found a few metal poles that used to have lights on them. I looked around the area to see if I could find any light parts, when I noticed 2 more poles. They were only like 7 feet high. On one of them was an ITT 327 hanging open. For some reason it had a medium base lampholder and a small ballast with a capacitor. The lamp was missing. Since the pole was rusted out, I pushed it and gently lowered it down to inspect the find. The ballast was so rusted out that it turned into rusty dust when touched. I then saw the
remains of a NEMA tag on it, but it was too faded to read. Then I noticed that there was another pole containing another cobrahead, this time a GE m400. I was about to try and lower it down when I woke up. I still wonder what was in it...  ::)

Unofficial LG Discord

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #184 on: August 07, 2016, 02:54:40 AM » Author: xelareverse
I had a dream last night  that my neighbor had bought a fluorescent turret and couldn't find lamps for it so we went to HD to find some but they were too expensive they were wierd (F86T8 lamps)they had powergroovs and all kinds of good stuff it was like a Restore there.

Also in thet dream, made up parts of my neighborhood had LED streetlights going up.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #185 on: August 08, 2016, 09:14:24 AM » Author: wattMaster
1. I dreamed that I found a MV shoebox fixture with the wires hanging out, while laying in our backyard.
2. I also dreamed that I was outside the vintage shop with the Cool Green tube and they gave me a display cabinet with another Cool Green tube inside.

Not lighting related: I dreamed that I found a box of cookies with Melanin as an ingredient, and I oddly ate the entire box of them. ???

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #186 on: August 08, 2016, 12:42:39 PM » Author: xelareverse
Once I had a dream that they were installing Shredèr ONYX (100 watt HPS)fixtures in my neighborhood. Another dream I saw a Everlast Wellworth Type III installed in my neighborhood.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #187 on: August 08, 2016, 01:02:38 PM » Author: Lumex120
I had a dream that I was in a parking lot and a scrapper with a pickup full of junk drove in. I saw a weird double highbay light (someone here has a pic of one) and asked if I could have it. They gave it to me, and inside it had 2 400w green Plusrite metal halides. I sure was disappointed when I woke up.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #188 on: August 08, 2016, 01:07:00 PM » Author: wattMaster
I had a dream that I was in a parking lot and a scrapper with a pickup full of junk drove in. I saw a weird double highbay light (someone here has a pic of one) and asked if I could have it. They gave it to me, and inside it had 2 400w green Plusrite metal halides. I sure was disappointed when I woke up.
That double highbay could indeed contain 400 Watt Metal Halide bulbs.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:11:10 PM by wattMaster » Logged

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #189 on: August 08, 2016, 01:18:47 PM » Author: Lumex120
That double highbay could indeed contain 400 Watt Metal Halide bulbs.
Yep, that's exactly what it looked like!

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #190 on: August 08, 2016, 01:21:38 PM » Author: wattMaster
Have you ever seen a double highbay in person?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #191 on: August 08, 2016, 01:22:59 PM » Author: Lumex120
No. I would love to see one though. A triple highbay would be even funnier...  :D

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #192 on: August 08, 2016, 01:31:01 PM » Author: wattMaster
No. I would love to see one though. A triple highbay would be even funnier...  :D
That's just getting impractical, and it would also be impractical to ship a double highbay to you.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:41:59 PM by wattMaster » Logged

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #193 on: September 04, 2016, 06:13:22 AM » Author: dor123
I don't know if this thread is suitable also for nightmare dreams, but I had a strong nightmare last night, which related to LED lighting: During the nightmare I'm dreamed that all of the HPS lanterns at Shprintzak neighborhood, Haifa (Where my mother lives), has been replaced by Gaash Venus LED lanterns (I think they were). I had another two nightmares in the past about LED lanterns that replaced the Europhane Pilote T1 HPS lanterns at my mother street.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #194 on: September 04, 2016, 08:16:11 AM » Author: wattMaster
It's likely they are going to be replaced in real life, not just in your dream. But we can at least hope they are good LED fixtures.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies