Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 93245 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #195 on: September 04, 2016, 09:09:12 AM » Author: dor123
Dreams may not always reflect the reality. I still don't think that the lanterns in my mother street would be replaced to LED, but I'm fearing what would be happen if Haifa would decide to move the electrical infrastructure of the street lighting from overhead to underground. At Qiryat Benjamin neighborhood, Qiryat Ata, this was done before I moved to my hostel at 2006-2007, so Qiryat Ata put AEG/Philips Triangels with 150W HPS lamps and Eltam gear. But if this would be done in my mother street, I'm fearing that the new lampposts would have LED lanterns.
Even if I've seen that Gaash Venus LED lanterns have relatively good optic, There are lot of new Schreder Teceo installtions in Haifa, that replaced HPS lanterns, and the Schreder Teceo are blindery bright compared to HPS lanterns.
Other problem when living in a neighborhood with LED lanterns (Tough it may also true for fluorescent, CFL induction and rest non HID lanterns): When there is a strong power outage, all of the HID lamps extingushes, so I runs immediately to a location that it is possible to see large amount of HID lanterns close enough that hot restrikes. This spontanus run, despite occurs only when the roadlights operating, is uncontrolled, so if there is a power outage, and the street is illuminated by LED lanterns, I would falsely run to see the lanterns hot restriking, only to see that all of the lanterns working as if nothing happened and would return disappointed. I developed this behavior during my childhood.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:16:12 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #196 on: September 07, 2016, 08:25:59 PM » Author: wattMaster
What's the problem with moving power underground?

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #197 on: September 07, 2016, 08:39:34 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Moving underground?  Very very expensive and time consuming and risky.  If the infrastructure was created with overhead lines, most energy companies won't relocate to underground. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #198 on: September 08, 2016, 12:39:29 AM » Author: dor123
In Israel, when moving power underground, it is also customary to put new lanterns on the new lampposts, rather than moving the existing old lanterns from the electric poles to the new lampposts. As there are lot of new LED installations in Haifa, I'm fearing that Haifa would replace the good old Europhane Pilote T1 in my mother street to LED lanterns such as Schreder Teceo or Gaash Venus.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #199 on: September 08, 2016, 08:42:31 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
  If the infrastructure was created with overhead lines, most energy companies won't relocate to underground.
I'm sure in general they are reluctant to do it, but I've seen it happen... probably depends on how much places are willing to pay to have the lines put underground where they belong.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #200 on: September 12, 2016, 09:17:44 AM » Author: wattMaster
A slightly scary one:
I once dreamed that when I was arriving at our house, some thieves had stolen my SunPulse bulbs and my Fujifilm camera.
The bulbs were just laying outside, and the camera was in the car.
So to get the camera, I used one of those emergency window breakers to open the window and get it out.
The bulb boxes were opened as if the thieves didn't know how to put it back together.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:45:49 PM by wattMaster » Logged

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #201 on: September 13, 2016, 11:04:51 PM » Author: xelareverse
A few nights ago I was looking st Sharon's (slaidblade) gallery and then dreamt about being at a place (Philippines?) That had shacks and stuff. In one shack there was A GE-form 400 hanging on a guy arm inside and It was mixed with a lake in my city (which had broken up form 400s and I got permission to take them down and fix them and keep them.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #202 on: November 28, 2016, 10:14:54 AM » Author: wattMaster
I had a dream where a room in the condo was lit with 2 highbays, one appeared to be clear MH, and the other an ED-shaped 1000 watt coated MV. They were both hanging like a pendant fixture. I wanted to go save them, but later in the dream, I realized that it was just a dream.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #203 on: November 28, 2016, 11:34:38 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Ugh, I hate it when you see all the cool stuff in dreams that doesn't really exist in real life!
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #204 on: November 30, 2016, 10:17:10 PM » Author: wattMaster
I have another one: I dreamed that there was a strip light above a sink, and it had what looked to be an 18 inch T12 powergroove and a regular T12. The odd thing was that the powergroove tube was on the side of the strip light.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #205 on: December 20, 2016, 12:59:32 PM » Author: wattMaster
I had a dream where we were going into a restaurant, and they were doing an LED conversion.
They were changing out 4 bucket lights, they had mogul sockets, but with medium bulbs.
Then, I asked the person doing the conversion, and he said that I could have two of them. I then talked him into giving me three of the bucket lights. The bucket lights were in great condition, and they contained some medium-base E-shaped coated bulbs.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:35:23 PM by wattMaster » Logged

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #206 on: December 20, 2016, 03:28:16 PM » Author: xelareverse
I had a dream I was in Tasmania  visiting. Globe Collector, he had alot of lights.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #207 on: December 21, 2016, 01:05:00 AM » Author: tolivac
Moving underground?Expensive?-----Have you seen "trenchless" technology?Horizontal Directional Drilling?I you haven't seen this look out for it-HDD is being used to install underground power lines,cable TV,data,water,gas, and sewer lines.Only holes needed are a small entrance pit and exit pit.Ditch Witch,Vermeer,and even Toro build HDD boring machines.They are fascinating to watch being used.This is less obtrusive than digging trenches.That is what makes up the high cost on underground utilities.HDD adn HD has solved these issues.If you didn't see the HDD crew adn their equipment you would never know the lines were installed!Google "HDD" and you can get much info on this.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #208 on: January 23, 2017, 10:36:16 PM » Author: wattMaster
Here's a simple but weird dream: I was suggesting that a small building install a couple of bucket lights, but then they installed lots of every kind of bucket light you could imagine! They even changed the sign to say something about bucket lights.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #209 on: February 12, 2017, 03:30:44 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Last nite I dreamt that my girlfriend Katie told her  boss to let me sort out the lights in his niteclub and he let me put up hundreds of colored filament lamps and loads of pink fluorescent lamps all over the club
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies