Author Topic: Unusual Lamps  (Read 7351 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unusual Lamps « Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 03:57:30 AM » Author: Michael
An small ball incandescent bulb with two filaments instead of one. One filament is connected correctly while second only on one end.

A compact fluorescent lamp Philips PL-C 26W with wrong socket. The had the notches on the wrong position intended for 13W.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 04:00:42 AM by monkeyface » Logged
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Unusual Lamps « Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 09:25:30 AM » Author: migette1
Faults in manufacture does happen I recently put a lamp up which was not completely coated and the etch was all blurry...still it was sold as a second cheaply as it did work okay.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

My idol is Mylene Farmer, deal with it.

Re: Unusual Lamps « Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 05:14:35 PM » Author: vytautas_lamps
I have a few soviet and tungsram tubes that has only vacuum, no gas or mercury filling.. The filaments glow as regular incandescent, but no striking.. Absolutely non whatsoever, not even a flicker on advance IS ballast all four outputs put together.. I wish though if i could find a clear fluorescent tube   as defective  :D

New lighting technologies is a pity fest everywhere you look. From LEDs that last only for two months, to a never-ending global starvation of t8 fluorescent tubes.
We shall reinforce ourselves with good old full mercury t12s and HIDs made to surpass one's life, and give them all the middle finger ;

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies