Author Topic: dead F96T12 slimline ballast  (Read 1599 times)
Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

dead F96T12 slimline ballast « on: May 02, 2011, 06:41:06 AM » Author: Alights
i have this dead advance slimline ballast that only lights a lamp on the blue wire side , can i wire it up in a way that would be for a single lamp?
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: dead F96T12 slimline ballast « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:38:00 PM » Author: Medved
You may, but do not expect high reliability: There must be some reason, why the one output died and exactly that reason could damage even other parts, what may then fail soon as well...

No more selfballasted c***

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: dead F96T12 slimline ballast « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:37:56 PM » Author: sol
I had one that did exactly that. It was in a fitting 16 feet off the ground, and I just left it as is. It worked like that for a few years, and mysteriously fixed itself and both tubes worked for a while after that despite heavy end blackening. This fixture was in a church back room and seldom used (maybe six to ten times a year). It has since been replaced with HF electronic T8 gear and lamps. I have no idea of the brand, but the lamps had never been changed before the conversion.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies