Author Topic: YouTube Video Comments  (Read 17630 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 02:57:11 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
My most prominent hobby is making YouTube videos of various vintage electronics, and I upload my lighting videos publicly right along with them. Surprisingly, I've never had any comments from jerks on them. In-fact, I know one member on here who never knew LG existed until after they discovered my videos, and now they are a very active member here. Likewise, I've gotten kind feedback from people who are not lighting enthusiasts, but learned something or another from my lighting videos. I think public videos are an excellent way to spread word of the lighting hobby and this site.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 08:09:39 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I too actually found LG because of a YouTube lights video...

One day I was on there and just for the hell of it did a search for "fluorescent lights" or something close (I was pleasantly surprised to see others liked the same sorta stuff I did). In one of the videos I watched someone mentioned either LG or a fluorescent lighting forum...after that I googled & ended up finding this place. :)

Its been awhile since I've uploaded anything to my light-related YouTube account...one of these days I need to make some more vid's :lol:

I can say that I really hate the changes they made to YouTube last year. It made it harder to use & if anything less user-friendly.
It also really sucks that they deleted all existing comments & got rid of that feature :(

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 08:16:56 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Got rid of comments? From where? As far as I can tell the only feature they got rid of was the ability to post video responses. Have you tied your YouTube account to a Google account? You need to do that now in order to continue posting and replying to comments.

Also, I've always been really curious, why do you use a computerized voice in your videos as opposed to your own? Just more comfortable? Or does it make editing easier since there's no possibility of error in what you say? Also, what program do you use? The voice sounds like "Paul" who announces the time on NOAA Weather Radio broadcasts. I like it.  ;D

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 08:41:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I can't even see comments on any videos (not just my own)...doesn't matter which of my 2 accounts I'm logged into.
YouTube did used to bug me about not only using my real name and downgrading to a google- account. I never did it.
I'll NEVER use my real name with anything google LOL. I might have to eventually try downgrading to a google- account on one of my YouTubes.

As for the 'talking' in my videos:
I absolutely hate the way my voice sounds on any recording device. its horrid. LOL
But one of the reasons I do use the computer voice is indeed for editing...because I can type in what I want it to say, then listen to it & easily change things just by changing the text file.

The text-to-speech program I use is fairly old (like old enough that both a Win3.11 & Win95 version exist), & came with a 'SoundBlaster AWE32' card I bought (which back in its day that was high tech stuff). :)
Its called: Texto'LE
The voice I use is: Harry

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 08:53:36 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Ah, yes, that would be your issue then. The whole Google+ thing is a pain in the butt, but I can assure you that everything works the same still. I'm still pestered about whether or not to use my name sometimes when I log in, but I just decline it.

Ah yes, that's actually the same Harry that's used in the (now freeware) DECTalk.

FrontSideBus

View Posts
View Gallery

FrontSideBus
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 07:49:11 AM » Author: FrontSideBus
Shameless plug of my youtube channel  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/user/FrontSideBus

Bulbs are for planting: Lamps are for lighting!
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11271

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:28 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I''l have to check out your channel sometime later FrontSideBus (can't from this computer)

-------
As for YouTube comments... well I still can't see ANY of them including my own. (doesn't matter which acct I use) the spot there comments should be just has a little circle image thingie  in it :( GoogleTube really f***ed that one up.

I even downgraded my accounts with that Google-minus crap...didn't fix the issue.

I found some round-about way that I can see/reply to new comments (not even on the video screen, and its not easy to find)

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 02:16:53 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
That's really weird, especially since you're connected to a Google+ account. I would say contact tech support, but that would be a cruel joke.  :P Although occasionally someone will help you if you post to the YouTube forum.

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 09:19:29 PM » Author: mrboojay
Is your YouTube in safe mode?  That will block out comments.

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

socketgeek63

View Posts
View Gallery

TheDennisManNetwork photoelectric4863
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 08:39:53 PM » Author: socketgeek63
I really had no problems off of my channel as far as spam comments, so i allow those may be interested in what i posted on there can comment, all the lighting vids are linked to here on LG, my channel is pretty much a variety that has a few elevators and a train ride. :)

Long live the great old 20th century quality in electrical & lighting products!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #25 on: June 22, 2020, 12:48:29 AM » Author: Binarix128
There was a nasty spammer spamming, Meme Pods, HPSMVF and Parrot's channels recently.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #26 on: June 22, 2020, 10:42:52 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I occasionally get a spam or other comment on videos, but it is a very minimal amount.

Its been quite awhile since I posted anything light-related, been mostly weather videos now.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #27 on: June 22, 2020, 01:38:49 PM » Author: Lumex120
There was a nasty spammer spamming, Meme Pods, HPSMVF and Parrot's channels recently.
This year there have been tons of bots commenting on every video uploaded. A few of my videos got them too. I deleted them, but the channels, when clicked, all linked back to either some weird playlist or some random gaming channel.

Unofficial LG Discord

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #28 on: June 22, 2020, 03:16:38 PM » Author: Binarix128
This year there have been tons of bots commenting on every video uploaded. A few of my videos got them too. I deleted them, but the channels, when clicked, all linked back to either some weird playlist or some random gaming channel.
The spam bot that I am talking is a sub4sub bot that have 100k+ subs, and some sort of soldier potato as profile photo, and its name is daily changed by some sort of AI nickname generator. I wonder what those bots are doing in lighting channels.  ??? ???
Maybe the bot have a database of YT urls, and are randomly selected by a random number.

Good that I still don't have his spam on my channel.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #29 on: June 22, 2020, 06:51:54 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
This year there have been tons of bots commenting on every video uploaded. A few of my videos got them too.
I forgot about the bots. I do get those making comments on my videos too (videos related to the covid shutdowns & such, plus weather videos - not lights)
They'll say things like I like It! Please make More. also, Can we be youtube friends? Xd or Cool !! keep doing no links or anything in the comments. Not really sure what the point is?
I've noticed that the usernames will change after a couple days...then eventually the comments just disappear.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies