Author Topic: Old tubes & bulbs  (Read 3038 times)
AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Old tubes & bulbs « on: December 15, 2011, 09:27:44 PM » Author: AZTECH
Hi guys, I am new to here...

I enjoy collecting some old 20w of T12 tubes and I am looking certain kind of hanging fixture (1950's ?) fluorescent preheat style 3 or more of w20 tubes together.    

Yesterday, I went to thrift store and found out they have hundreds of old tubes, mostly T12. also have many old vintage electric motors, some fixtures, and more.. I did see one very large white mercury vapor bulb almost size as football! probably 1000W. I am not fan collects of MV bulbs but I thought here might want one.

I'll try post my pictures here soon.  :)    

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:17:23 PM by AZTECH » Logged
AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:31:20 PM » Author: AZTECH
I went to thrift store again and took some pictures in there... maybe one of you guys might interest into?

The electric motor look like 1930's to 1940's ! 

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:37:48 PM » Author: funkybulb
I wish to have some of those black enders tubes and any colored flourescent tubes
this guy got tubes up the wazoo here. i wish i had a place like that.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 11:17:03 PM » Author: AZTECH
I wish to have some of those black enders tubes and any colored flourescent tubes
this guy got tubes up the wazoo here. i wish i had a place like that.

The black enders pretty rare these days  :'( and I was able saved few of them. I don't see any colored glass fluorescent tubes. I did see they have some box NOS of 30T12 and box NOS of 20T12 but I think its GE or Sylvania silver enders. The one huge MV 1000watt bulb looks unused as well.     
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:21:22 PM » Author: icefoglights
Great find!

That fixture with the large bulb almost gives me the impression that it maybe a large warehouse-style incandescent fixture with a self-ballasted mercury vapor lamp in it.  Would have to see if there is a ballast somewhere for it.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:36:10 PM » Author: AZTECH
Great find!

That fixture with the large bulb almost gives me the impression that it maybe a large warehouse-style incandescent fixture with a self-ballasted mercury vapor lamp in it.  Would have to see if there is a ballast somewhere for it.

There no self ballast this MV bulb for sure, I couldn't find the ballast behind of reflector housing, so I guess someone toss this away because it does not work without the ballast  ;D   But you are right its original large warehouse-style supposed be with large incandescent bulb. 
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 02:40:15 AM » Author: Silverliner
Wouldnt this be a Habitat for Humanity Restore store? BTW the old Sylvania 20w White is from 1952, the GE F20T12/CW is from 1989.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 03:22:20 AM » Author: AZTECH
Wouldnt this be a Habitat for Humanity Restore store? BTW the old Sylvania 20w White is from 1952, the GE F20T12/CW is from 1989.

Yes thats correct Restore store which I went there sometime, big store really. I am sure there more vintage tubes in there which I don't collect it whole things. I have two same old new Sylvania 20w white but one of them won't lit up and I put test with 30,000 volt neon ballast it lit up weak and reddish looking probably lack of vacuum.
MV!!!

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old tubes & bulbs « Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 10:42:02 PM » Author: MV!!!
Man I am thrilled to have found a site that has so... many people interested in older style lamps and fixtures: Personally I think that Mercury Vapor lamps were by far a better source of lighting than Sodium; the light is more atractive and the lamps will often burn far longer than the actual life expectancy. I once had a couple of old style photocells, that were in the old style colored casings and had the older style circuitry, form around the 50's I think. Those were very durable!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies