Author Topic: Several HID, fluorescent, LED lamps tortured by Photonicinduction  (Read 4458 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Several HID, fluorescent, LED lamps tortured by Photonicinduction « on: February 03, 2014, 12:43:23 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Hi all,

YouTube user Photonicinduction, who I'm sure many of us know, has uploaded a very fun video of him "popping" several types of lamps. His victims include a self-ballasted MV, several HPS, a couple fluorescent, and a couple of LED bulbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUrvVW79Tq4

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
That is just wrong... « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:00:00 PM » Author: Lumex120
Poor things, I am sure some still worked, too.
But, it was pretty cool...

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Several HID, fluorescent, LED lamps tortured by Photonicinduction « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 01:14:27 AM » Author: tolivac
I have watched some of that guys videos-they are sort of interesting--however many times it is sort of fun just to blow stuff out!!!Spooked a lot of speakers in earlier days-was fun connecting them to the secondary winding of a 5Kw AM transmitter mod transformer!!One speaker caught fire!!!Another was jumping around and then--POOF!!!I did enjoy seeing those horrible LED corncob bulbs go!!!I think its OK to "finish" stuff out if it's about to go anyway.One radio-5 tuber--was weak in reception-the buddy that has the 5K AM tx wanted to see what happened if a signal was "forced" into that radio--tried it---Whatever was causing the weak recption was vaporized by the output of the transmitter.Radio worked FINE afterward!!!The radio still has a burn mark on the back.Used that old RCA radio for DXing!!!the station that owned the RCA 5K AM abandoned it-Tx was built in 1958-sort of sad-it worked really well-The RR property the station rented -the building and TX was torn down by the RR.That poor Tx went thru several floods and worked OK after it was  dried out.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies