Author Topic: How to find fluorescent fixtures  (Read 6495 times)
RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to find fluorescent fixtures « Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 02:54:40 AM » Author: RichD
I found most of my current collection of vintage fluorescent fixtures at flea markets and garage sales. If you decide to try this yourself, be prepared to spend many, many, MANY hours looking at junk in order to find your treasure. Its not nearly as easy as it was 30+ years ago.... :(

Unfortunately, this stuff seems to be considered more valuable as scrap nowadays.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to find fluorescent fixtures « Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 06:51:09 AM » Author: funkybulb
It was valuble as scrap as now metal shred prices here been hanging  2 cents a pound,  i have been leaving this type of metal behind now cause i am a scrapper
But i still pick up lights

Now it more evonomical to go back and sale ot in and  sales and criagslist
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:52:54 AM by funkybulb » Logged

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: How to find fluorescent fixtures « Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 08:44:59 PM » Author: veryhighonoutput
Don't give up you need to look every day  on Craigslist  because it changes constantly and you have to look in other states surrounding you just in case. Keep eyes open and ask around soon you'll have so many you won't even have room for them like me!

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies