Author Topic: Old MV Street Lights  (Read 1676 times)
flyoffacliff

View Posts
View Gallery

Old MV Street Lights « on: January 25, 2015, 11:26:07 AM » Author: flyoffacliff
On my way to school, I drive past lots of streatlight. They used to be MV, but they are replacing the fixtures with new HPS cobra heads as they fail. About half have been replaced so far. The old MV heads are dark in color , and the 2 corners farthests from the pole attachment are kind of pointy instead of rounded. The lens sticks out kind of far too. I know that's not a good description, but do you know what these might be? The lamps are still pretty white and not green.

My teacher asked why I get there so early, and I said "So I can see the streetlights before they shutoff." He gave me a weird look.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Old MV Street Lights « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:50:12 AM » Author: nicksfans
Maybe these?

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old MV Street Lights « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 05:13:30 AM » Author: tolivac
At my worksite most of the older Westinghouse Silverliner 400W,250W mercury fixtures have been replaced by 215W American Electric Lighting LED fixtures.Have three of the old fixtures.My 250W Mercury works great-and the ballast may be about 50yrs old!Both of my 400W mercury fixtures have blown ballasts.Replaced one with a 400W HPS ballast from my junk box.Have a 400W MH ballast in one of my other junk boxes in the back room.Will have to look for it.Beleive this ballast can work with probe start MH bulbs and 400W mercury bulbs.Since I have been running the 250W Mercury light-like its nice glow.Almost forgot about Mecury lights-simple,robust,reliable,long lived.inexpensive--Can the new LEDS live up to this-they have a 5yr warrantee.Looked inside one of the uninstalled LED lamp heads-simple insides-a junction box for the 120V-277V primary wiring-two LED panels and two F-can style LED drivers.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Old MV Street Lights « Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 08:59:46 AM » Author: nicksfans
A probe start MH ballast will also run MV lamps.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies