Author Topic: Favourite cartoons  (Read 3637 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Favourite cartoons « on: May 06, 2015, 06:31:08 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hello  :)

I wonder if anyone here like to watch any cartoons. Well not long ago I used to watch a LOT of cartoons during my early schooldays, which was a super remedy after a long stressful schoolday  8)

Since primary school age, my top favourites were Looney Tunes, Pink Panther, Tom&Jerry, Top Cat and Scooby Doo. Occasionally I watched Popeye, Woody Woodpecker and very little of Spongebob Squarepants

Moving on to late Primary and secondary school age. I then started watching The Simpsons, Family Guy (but very little due to age restriction rating), Mona The Vampire and Zombie Hotel (which was extremely funny)  ;D :D

Flurofan96  :)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:29:28 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
I love the classic Looney Tunes, particularly the Bugs Bunny cartoons and the Road Runner cartoons. Growing up in the '90s I also watched The Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Pink Panther, Top Cat, Woody Woodpecker, Speedy Gonzales, Tom and Jerry, and probably others that I can't remember right now. As for newer cartoons, I watched the earlier seasons of SpongeBob SquarePants, SWAT Kats, occasionally Dexter's Laboratory or The Powerpuff Girls. As I got older, I also liked some earlier episodes of South Park.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 12:55:39 AM » Author: tolivac
Has to be Looney tunes-have a DVD set of them.Not a cartoon-but funny--The Three Stooges-have the complete DVD set of their episodes!Its been so long remember watching both of those as the cartoon "short" before the start of a main movie feature at the theater!They ran the trailers first-then the short,and the main feature movie----and the theater had CURTAINS in front of the screen!!They wqere closed just before the main feature started-then opened as the title frame was on.The REAL days of watching movies at a theater-now its boring--no better than TV.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 01:09:51 AM » Author: Ash
I grew on Pokemon. Like other anime as well
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 02:08:25 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I grew on Pokemon. Like other anime as well

Figured, with your name of Ash. Pokemon became a big thing when I was a child in the 90s. I watched it and used to collect the cards, as well as play the games. :)

Hmm, I remember watching Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry. I've also watched The Simpsons, Family Guy, Spiderman (1994 version) as well as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Can't think of any else at the moment.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 02:52:30 AM » Author: Ash
In fact, Ash is a nickname i was given at school, and adopted it. I let people call me Ash as if it is my actual name

It started with me (an Electronics student) helping them out occasionally with the light / sound setup, then i eventually became the one who actually makes the setups and not only troubleshoots them, and quickly evolved into also operating them at the panel during show, building decors, and playing on stage (all that while i am not even enrolled in Theater class). When i was only in the electrical stuff they first called me Pikachu, later when i got on stage it became Ash
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 12:22:50 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I grew up on Clifford the Big Red Dog as a little kid, along with a few others I vaguely remember (What's the name of the one with the kid named Stanley? It's animated...anyone remember it?)
Newspaper cartoons...Dilbert, etc.
And now as a teen I get an occasional laugh out of Futurama, Family Guy, etc. though I don't watch much TV anyway.
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 06:06:07 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hiya all

Well there's a lot who likes to watch Looney Tunes. Yes I like Bugs Bunny, Road Runner and Daffy Duck ones. I have the remastered episodes on both VHS and a collection DVD set. Also I was given some more VHS tapes of LT which had unremastered episodes which had the "old look" as the episodes were discoloured and had a blurry picture, and its not due to the VHS quality.

Never watched Pokemon at all but I saw the games when I was little

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 10:15:51 PM » Author: Solanaceae
The classic for me is watching Tom and jerry at nine in the morning on summer break days.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 10:29:34 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I grew up on PBS Kids (we didn't get cable until years later) and when I got to go to my grandmother's, I would watch Tom & Jerry, a rare treat.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 01:20:02 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I also liked hey Arnold, but it was canceled sadly.  :(

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 04:23:14 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Why was it cancelled?

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 03:22:45 PM » Author: Solanaceae
@fluorofan: Craig Bartlett(The creator) was then working on the show Party Wagon for Nick's rival Cartoon Network, and one of the conditions for producing the film was to work exclusively for Nickelodeon. After Craig refused and due to other complications, Nickelodeon decided to cancel the project.
Taken from yahoo answers.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 01:37:32 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry are always good, Spongebob, Simpsons, Familyguy, Bobs Burgers, American Dad.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favourite cartoons « Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 06:41:57 AM » Author: CEB1993
I've always been a big fan of many cartoons from the 2000's and earlier. I went through a phase where I wanted to become a cartoonist someday. 1990's Nicktoons was the golden age and when I watched the most cartoons as a kid  :) Here's some of my favorites:

Hey Arnold
Wild Thornberries
Spongebob
Rocket Power
CatDog
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren and Stimpy
Camp Lazlo
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Dudley do Right
Gusztav (Hungarian)
Reksio (Polish)
Wallace and Gromit (British)
American Dad
Family Guy
Beavis and Butthead
The Simpsons
Ed, Edd, and Eddy

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:30:20 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies