Author Topic: Questions of ITT mercs  (Read 1606 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Questions of ITT mercs « on: May 22, 2015, 05:59:28 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I now have two ITT H37-5KC/W 250 watt mercs. I have a few questions:
How rare are they?
Who is ITT?
Are they affiliated with ITT tech? Logo comparison included:

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Questions of ITT mercs « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 02:00:50 AM » Author: don93s
ITT: International Telephone and Telegraph, founded 1920.

They became a corporate conglomerate buying up anything they could get their hands on. At one point, they owned American Electric, later acquired by T&B (Thomas and Betts).

Wikipedia has a pretty juicy article of their involvement with international politics and other shady scandals.
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Questions of ITT mercs « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 02:24:10 AM » Author: M250R201SA
ITT Mercs aren't anymore rare than any other Merc from that time.  Growing up, my neighborhood had ITT Mercs and GE Mercs, and only 4 HPS fixtures existed.  Of course, by now, there may be 4 ITT mercs left and 2 GE Merc fixtures.  So I would say that any ITT Mercury Luminaire you find is probably pretty rare considering their age.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Questions of ITT mercs « Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 02:56:24 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I've seen ITT fixtures around the older parts of town that are still Mercury vapor, still used, and still maintained. One got replaced with HPS recently since a car took a pole out, sadly.  :(

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Questions of ITT mercs « Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 04:50:07 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Not sure about Mercs.. but one of my church buildings had a few ITT F40T12 fluorescent bulbs dating back to when the building was built in 1972.. I brought them home and most did not last more than 100 hours before going EoL so they had been heavily used. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies