Author Topic: GE Roadway luminaires  (Read 5041 times)
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

GE Roadway luminaires « on: November 03, 2007, 08:34:59 AM » Author: NiMo
Anybody else notice that when the last redesign of the M-series luminaires (especially the M250R2) came out, the doors are prone to unlatch and the next thing you know, they're gone??

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: GE Roadway luminaires « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:13:07 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Anybody else notice that when the last redesign of the M-series luminaires (especially the M250R2) came out, the doors are prone to unlatch and the next thing you know, they're gone??

Seems more happens on the GE M-250R2s..........I have not yet seen a GE M-400R3 do it, but i saw a few GE M-400A3s do it....not often though......

They can be seen here in Baltimore City and another one I found a bit farther North in Baltimore City here also

I noticed more missing doors in GE M-400A3s in BGE mostly in Baltimore city........and in BGE, the GE M-400A3s are only HPS or MH while the GE M-400R3s are all mercs.......and they all have sag lens and a few drops refractors....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Roadway luminaires « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:22:13 PM » Author: NiMo
One fortunate thing about the M250R2, all of the doors are interchangeable, so if you have a door from the mid-90s, you can use it on the newer lights.

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: GE Roadway luminaires « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:54:38 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Have you seen the actually exchanged? I would say it depends on the lineman, some would replace the whole thing while others would put a new door in....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Roadway luminaires « Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 06:00:54 PM » Author: NiMo
As a matter of fact, I have seen older doors installed on newer lights.  National Grid and NYSEG won't replace the entire fixture unless it is toast.

Group Replacement, Baby

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: GE Roadway luminaires « Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 06:05:30 PM » Author: streetlight98
Iv'e seen a M-250R2 with a worn out grey paint finish and a new shiney black door. It looked cool! Plus it was 100w MV even though the door had a 250w HPS NEMA tag.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

chapman84
Re: GE Roadway luminaires « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 07:33:26 PM » Author: chapman84
I have noticed newer GE's such as the M-250R2's and M-400R3's fail prematurely but I haven't seen them lose their doors.
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: GE Roadway luminaires « Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 09:41:30 AM » Author: streetlight98
EDIT: The 100w MV M-250R2 with the black door was replaced with a 100w HPS >:( :(

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies