Author Topic: What happened to a former member here?  (Read 2791 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
What happened to a former member here? « on: July 02, 2015, 02:05:29 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
It randomly occurred to me that migette1 hadn't posted anything in a long time. I went to the member list to see when was the last time he logged on, and I find his account is closed altogether. Anyone know why?

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:08:36 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I noticed that too. I was trying to view his account in order to see when he was last active but it wouldn't let me.  ??? I think Robert or someone said to me a while back that he was older man with health isues so he may have passed with that said.  :'(

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 04:27:14 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
That was my first thought, to be honest. He was indeed one of our oldest members. You'd think someone here would have been made aware of that, though.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 04:40:08 PM » Author: Solanaceae
The latest comments I saw was in late December 2014.  How old was he?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:49:50 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I think he's in his early 70s.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:01 PM » Author: Solanaceae
He may have forgot his password or accidentally closed his account or the email he set his account up with.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 10:53:57 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
If he forgot his password, the account would still be around. But I guess it's possible to close the account accidentally? ???
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 11:11:25 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I don't know if the site closes accounts after so much time of inactivity, I'm just thinking hypothetically here.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 02:50:55 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
I was wondering about migette1's disappearance as well. Not long ago rjluna2 mentioned in a comment on a photo that migette1 had passed away, but when j-frog passed the admins sent an email letting us know.

Whatever the situation is, it is sad to lose a good member.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

randacnam7321

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 08:16:04 AM » Author: randacnam7321
He also disappeared from YouTube some months back.  One of his last videos was on plans to transfer his collection to other collectors upon his passing.  He did say in it that he wasn't planning on going for some time yet but that it was something being considered, so there must have been something.
Requescat In Pacem.

Old school FTW!

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:18:01 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
If that's actually the case, then that's a darn shame. It sounds like he arranged for someone else to close his Internet accounts upon his passing, but they didn't take the time to alert us, which is too bad.

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 02:54:16 PM » Author: merc
As far as I can remember, there was a young member with a nickname lesliewatling and migette1 once said the he would inherit his collection (and his house?).

(That upload doesn't seem to exist anymore though.) Maybe contacting him would reveal something...?
TL8W

View Posts
View Gallery

Lee

None
Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 02:05:04 PM » Author: TL8W
It randomly occurred to me that migette1 hadn't posted anything in a long time. I went to the member list to see when was the last time he logged on, and I find his account is closed altogether. Anyone know why?

I was housekeeping my PMs this evening when I came across one from him about a lamp swap two years ago. The sender is now listed as "guest",  http://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?action=profile;u=1263

Membership number was 1263, the account no longer exists suggesting it was closed by design rather than a forgotten password. How long does an account need to remain inactive on LG to become a redundant account and be deleted as such?

We do not have to agree on anything to be kind to one another. The ability to be civil is available to everyone on earth, for free.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: What happened to a former member here? « Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 02:13:07 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
How long does an account need to remain inactive on LG to become a redundant account and be deleted as such?

They don't. We have a member who last logged on almost 10 years ago, and their account is still open.

The only way his account would have closed is someone either logged onto the account and closed it themselves, or emailed Patrick and requested it be closed.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies