Author Topic: What would Rick say?  (Read 2139 times)
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
What would Rick say? « on: July 18, 2015, 02:18:36 AM » Author: M250R201SA
No, not Rick Harrison, Rick Dale.  I wonder what he would say if I brought in a couple of old 1974 ITT mercs, and a 1981 GE 201SA ORIGINAL!  Does anybody think he would restore them to "Fresh Out of the Factory"? or would he say that it's not a challenging enough.  If I knew he would restore them, I want to find an old Silverliner, and an old Form 400, and have those babies looking like they just rolled off the assembly line. 

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What would Rick say? « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 02:57:25 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Wehere are you getting the ITT mercs from? I may be interested in one since itd be my first street light.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: What would Rick say? « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 05:53:29 PM » Author: nicksfans
Speaking of Silverliners and Form 400s, both are still in service in my area (only two of the latter). I just need to figure out how to get them! I've already sent the outdoor lighting department at the POCO an email and they said they can't give away old streetlights. No reason given. Might have to try the local office.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What would Rick say? « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 06:21:22 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I saw some Westinghouse ov-20s still in service lighting an apartment complex. I didn't see if they have been retrofitted or not but vintage retrofitted lantern is better than no vintage lantern.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: What would Rick say? « Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:41:01 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Speaking of Silverliners and Form 400s, both are still in service in my area (only two of the latter). I just need to figure out how to get them! I've already sent the outdoor lighting department at the POCO an email and they said they can't give away old streetlights. No reason given. Might have to try the local office.

I've had similar responses lately.  As for the ITT Mercs, I know there are still some in my old neighborhood in the town I grew up in.  All I gotta do is go down to Mississippi, and I bet I could load up with a few.   There are also some old 1960s old GE Post Top lights (GE's 1960s version of the P17M) I used to have one, but it was an HPS and it was from the 1970s.  Probably an original HPS Luminaire.  I don't have a lot of my vintage lights anymore.  I made the mistake of leaving them behind when I moved to Wisconsin, and when my parents sold their house, they threw my old lights out as junk.  I still have some various parts though.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies