Author Topic: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen?  (Read 3852 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 01:57:23 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Last night, I saw one yard-blaster with a 400w :mv: lamp, and another with an incandescent lamp. ::) :P

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 05:01:55 PM » Author: Lumex120
Last night, I saw one yard-blaster with a 400w :mv: lamp, and another with an incandescent lamp. ::) :P
I have seen them with 400w lamps too. I actually kind of like the way they look.
 ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 05:18:29 PM » Author: Ash
Melted ?
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 05:29:05 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Those yardblasters put only 175w into the lamp, so it doesn't warm to full heat. The lens was actually in great shape. Imagine if they put a merc in a HPS yardblaster. ::)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 06:31:10 PM » Author: Ash
I got some lanterns with mercs that were installed on PSMH gear....

This one from a recessed can in a library

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2113&pos=2&pid=107817

Another one (not in the gallery but i will post eventually) from a low bay that was installed under a bridge (the lantern is similar to a Lithonia VR4CV)

The glass of the stem press on the outer lamp had electrical breakdown and it meltd off like an EOL fluorescent on Instant Start.... The frame with the arctube (arctube is intact) are just laying loose and disconnected inside the outer bulb, scratching off the phosphor
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 08:14:24 PM » Author: Lumex120
Those yardblasters put only 175w into the lamp, so it doesn't warm to full heat. The lens was actually in great shape. Imagine if they put a merc in a HPS yardblaster. ::)
I have tried that before. They just cycle.

Unofficial LG Discord

toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 09:23:41 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
mix  of hps and mh at ft wayne coliseum.
made monitors look they  were missing red!
first year i went to that hamfest i bbought a 24" sony crt cheap because seller thought it got damaged in transit.
i  didnt even fire it up till monday after the show.i noticed all the monitors looked sick from the funky lighting.
the sony looked fine at home.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies