Author Topic: HID lamp fun on YouTube  (Read 6378 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
HID lamp fun on YouTube « on: September 11, 2015, 11:37:07 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Someone I'm subscribed to on YouTube filmed a video of his friend and him just testing some HID lamps (and a fluorescent lamp starter) on an NST. Fun stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mrl-DX2WWo

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: HID lamp fun on YouTube « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 11:58:40 PM » Author: Solanaceae
"Buzzz-zzzz-zzzz!"-Angry magnetic ballasts. :P
Also, "you can run the HPS bulb on it, it's a standard magnetic ballast" is one of the cringeworthy statements here, lolol.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: HID lamp fun on YouTube « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 12:05:37 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Yeah, they obviously don't know all the ins and outs of discharge lighting. They're not lighting enthusiasts, so who can blame them?  :D

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: HID lamp fun on YouTube « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 12:08:26 AM » Author: Solanaceae
And I noticed that the 50hz hum sounds different than the 60hz hum. I talked with a British lg member and they prefer the 60hz hums. 8)
And lol at the fluorescent tube that took too long to start.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: HID lamp fun on YouTube « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:11:25 AM » Author: Lumex120
I like the 60hz buzzing more. Also, I found it really funny that "How to train your dragon" was playing in the backround (don't ask me why  :P)

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HID lamp fun on YouTube « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 03:29:11 AM » Author: tolivac
NST and HPS lamp-big mismatch there-the NST started the lamp-but will not run it right because of the voltage and current of the NST-yes,the NST is a "ballast"of sorts-for a long,gas filled cold cathode tube.Neon sign suppliers sell a NST tester-it measures the SC current of the transformer-it won't hurt the NST to short it-remember it is a current limiter transformer!The sec current is what is marked on the transformers nameplate,as well as the no load voltage.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: HID lamp fun on YouTube « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 03:35:11 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I'm sure they knew that - they just wanted to see it light up.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies