Author Topic: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕  (Read 4025 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « on: September 22, 2015, 04:00:09 PM » Author: Lumex120
On this page, http://www.midsouthelectronics.com/LightDusk2Dawn.htm,
it lists 175w mercury vapor fixtures, along with 150w HPS units. Are the fixtures still available?  :-\ (Also interesting to note that they have triangle-mounts on the NEMA heads)

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 04:04:50 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I seen these combination NEMA heads and yardblaster. NEMA look with yardblaster quality. ::)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 04:06:13 PM » Author: Lumex120
I seen these combination NEMA heads and yardblaster. NEMA look with yardblaster quality. ::)
For the price though, they might be worth it. (That is, if the mercury versions are still available)  ::)

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available?  « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 10:46:34 AM » Author: Ash
There is a fun thing in Israel.... Might explain what s going on there

Here linear halogens were banned 1/1/2012. Many shops are to this day stocked full with the halo floodlights, brand new with lamp included.....

Some peeps just heard the horror stories of huge electricity bills (spread by the LED industry) and won't buy them - Even for rare use applications where they won't use any significant amount of electricity in the lantern's lifetime. So they get a LED lantern that costs 3 times what the halo costs complete with the electricity it uses

Some peeps know that the replacement lamps are banned and this turn them away from buying the lantern (nevermind that with the cheapness of those floodlights and how little use some of them see, the lantern is corroded useless by the time the 1st lamp EOLs - The screws are seized solid and you can't open the lantern to replace the lamp anyway)

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 07:28:57 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Seems Legit.  There are still tons of  :mv: luminaires that could be surplus.  I see them on eBay from time to time, but I have also seen a lot of people confuse 175W  :mv: with 175W  :a_mh:. With this kind of amateur looking site, I would call first and confirm that it is actually  :mv:.  Here in my town, and surrounding towns, both of these wattages/types are obsolete.  Ameren Illinois no longer uses 150 Watt HPS Luminaires.  I don't even think they stock bulbs for them, as I see them replace 150W NEMAs with 100W NEMAs and 150W Cobraheads with 250W Cobraheads or 100W NEMAs or 100W Cobraheads.  175W Mercury is either replaced with 100W Nema  :hps: or 250W cobrahead  :hps:

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available?  « Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 04:37:51 AM » Author: Ash
150W HPS would be the exact apropriate wattage for many applications...Why on Earth they would stop using that and moving to 100/250 ?
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available?  « Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 05:40:51 PM » Author: M250R201SA
150W HPS would be the exact apropriate wattage for many applications...Why on Earth they would stop using that and moving to 100/250 ?

I wish I knew.  I saw an old sheet of lighting services they offer, and among the discontinued are 150w  :hps: and 175w  :mv:.  I've noticed that when a 150w  :hps: luminaire fails, instead of relamping, they replace the whole assembly with either a 100w NEMA or Cobrahead (99% NEMA) or 250w Cobrahead  :hps: :hps:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available?  « Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 11:23:22 AM » Author: Lumex120

I wish I knew.  I saw an old sheet of lighting services they offer, and among the discontinued are 150w  :hps: and 175w  :mv:.  I've noticed that when a 150w  :hps: luminaire fails, instead of relamping, they replace the whole assembly with either a 100w NEMA or Cobrahead (99% NEMA) or 250w Cobrahead  :hps: :hps:
Wastefulness at it's worst. Do they at least reuse the old 150w NEMAs?

Unofficial LG Discord

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available?  « Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 03:48:12 PM » Author: M250R201SA

Wastefulness at it's worst. Do they at least reuse the old 150w NEMAs?

Once the bulb starts cycling, they replace it with a new GE 201SA 100W HPS.

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 10:33:22 PM » Author: xelareverse
I heard that in Canada they are still available.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 09:12:38 AM » Author: Lumex120
I heard that in Canada they are still available.
I know I have heard that as well, and supposedly they are also sold in Mexico. Maybe this company is based out of Canada or Mexico? :-\

Unofficial LG Discord

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 03:30:05 PM » Author: sol
Here in Canada, I've seen MV yard blasters in stores last summer. I'm not always looking, though, so they might have been old stock. Electricians are installing LED for people who would normally request an MV yard blaster. I don't know about real NEMA heads, however.
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 05:15:01 PM » Author: lite_lover
Mercury vapor yardblasters are still available here in Canada,replacement lamps are also available.

The brighter the better.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 10:35:10 PM » Author: Lumex120
Mercury vapor yardblasters are still available here in Canada,replacement lamps are also available.
Good to hear that MV fixtures aren't 100% extinct yet. Hopefully it will stay that way. :-\

Unofficial LG Discord

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury vapor NEMAs and yardblasters still available? 😕 « Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 10:30:19 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I'm in Canada and I noticed stores like Home hardware and home depot have removed their MV lamps and fixtures from their site...so the availability may not be long lived :(

As for 150W HPS, thats widely used here where I am, theres a blue burning HPS lamp in a cobra outside my house right now!
Its HPS but it lost its sodium over 2 years ago and looks like MV but still work just find and stable lol

My city was changing them to LED but has stopped because of poor budget so now EOL lamps in the cobras are just getting relamped as normal  :D

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies