Author Topic: Things Which Annoy You  (Read 10903 times)
Solanaceae

View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #255 on: June 12, 2016, 07:46:25 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Tinfoil hat much? Lol, reminds me of Futurama and dale gribble.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

merc

View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #256 on: June 13, 2016, 01:34:00 AM » Author: merc
Tinfoil hat much?
No. No paranoia. I use a cell phone, pay with a card and have a lot of my personal data on a cloud storage and so on... I even use LEDs! Wink
But I don't want new gadgets with a low value added and give up the last remnants of my privacy.

Living in a blissful ignorance is so easy! Nobody is going to harm you. THEY just want your money, your vote, your opinion... At least for now.
But one might not like the idea of being controlled or led by someone.

You can form an internal network. Only the machines in the house talks to each other. As far the external Internet and the Big Brother and his friends are concerned. Such a network doesn't exist.
The IoT is connected to the Internet by design. What's the purpose of your smart fridge if it cant order online? It's like having your smartphone offline.

Do anyone actually cares whether one's gay or straight in these modern days? How would a car even know anything about your sexual preferences? Same for the washer/dryer.
Not here. But consider technologically advanced countries with a limited democracy. China...?
Some modern cars can already identify the driver. Small pieces of information from various sources can tell much if loaded in an appropriate software.

The scale I don't see why it should be connected to anything so an analog is sufficient for me.
If people use smart watches (like Suonto) that publish your heart beat during sports onto a social network - why not a smart scale? I can imagine some FB users who would like to show off how they lose their weight before summer.

That bottle of wine. How an employer would know anything? Most wines are best served room temp and doesn't always needs to be in wine glasses.
Really? White wines? You really have 12C (53F) in your room? Wink

Maybe (as a digital immigrant) I can't really appreciate the benefits of the "smart" world. Not that I don't understand how it works. I definitely do. But I don't like it.

It's no tinfoil hat.
In times when I was repaying my mortgage I got an offer from a different bank. They knew everything and their information was up to date. How? Someone sold them my data. Many other people had a similar experience elsewhere.

I don't think mankind will live happier when surrounded by smart things. It's a house of cards that will collapse one day. Let's live as normally as possible!

Not a misoLEDist...

FGS

View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #257 on: June 13, 2016, 08:34:16 AM » Author: FGS
I don't let anyone control me. I vote for B and tough if they don't like it.

Ordering food thru the fridge?!?!? I knew you can order food online and they deliver it or you pick it up. I wasn't thinking of the fridge itself actually doing that. LOL! You can make it print out a grocery shopping list. It can send what's needed to the computer and you'd print it out and go shopping. You can disable the wireless communications and use Ethernet connections (they should have the connections for in case of houses with crappy wifi signals) instead. I've seen my laptop's wifi card. It's removable. So I'd assume the smart appliances have the same thing in them. Find them and remove them.

China is being well China. Hopefully they go full democratic soon and without a major problem to the world's economy or start a nasty war within or beyond its borders.

I don't go around broadcasting my fitness achievements to the world so I don't need those Fitbit things or smart scales. If anyone likes doing that to FB. Let them deal with it.  LOL!

Wines? Not a big issue for me as I don't drink alcohol. Don't really care for the stuff. Not a religion/faith thing. They're meh to me.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Mercurylamps

View Gallery
240V 50Hz

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #258 on: May 19, 2017, 06:13:33 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Bit of a thread resurrection to have a little rant.

My car has had the right rear wheel bearing fail for the third time since I purchased it. I know Subaru has issues known for wheel bearings but this is ridiculous. I need to replace the bearing more often than tyres. Angry

While I'm at it, I hate staying at hotels, motels, etc and you get noisy, disrespectful people making loud noises and being drunk in the carpark. I have a small family and there are signs out telling guests to be quiet and respectful but they seem to be ignored by some people. Angry Angry Angry
Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #259 on: May 19, 2017, 11:40:55 AM » Author: Lodge
Bit of a thread resurrection to have a little rant.

My car has had the right rear wheel bearing fail for the third time since I purchased it. I know Subaru has issues known for wheel bearings but this is ridiculous. I need to replace the bearing more often than tyres. Angry

While I'm at it, I hate staying at hotels, motels, etc and you get noisy, disrespectful people making loud noises and being drunk in the carpark. I have a small family and there are signs out telling guests to be quiet and respectful but they seem to be ignored by some people. Angry Angry Angry

Stop getting the bearings from Subaru then, they buy the cheapest junk they can, and sell them to you for a ridiculous price, just pull out the old one and head down to a bearing shop they will measure it and get you a replacement try to get one made by someone like SKF or Timken it will be the last one you will have to buy and more then likely cost less then the one from a Subaru dealer..

And about the noisy people, tell the manager in a calm, cool, collective manner (No matter how much you want to yell and swear at them, DON'T) I would also record it on your phone, so when they lie to there people up the food chain you can prove it to them, and those people up the chain will fix the issue and offer you something in return for there behavior, and take to social media they know that costs them real money to fix, add videos so people know your not telling a tall tale, and expect nothing less then a complementary stay or two, and if there car park is full of drunks go report it and if they don't fix it call the police, the drunks might be looking for there car and about to go for a drive who knows? Hotels love it when the cops show up, and get the video..
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #260 on: May 19, 2017, 05:53:58 PM » Author: suzukir122
@ace100w120v... you are absolutely going to HATE it when I buy a motorcycle. haha... motorcycles
are legitimately one of my main sources of entertainment besides lighting, and few other things.
Motorcycles also represent me/my personality, even more so than lighting... and that says A LOT. Glass packs on motorcycles though...
not sure if that's even good for the engine. But even if it doesn't harm the engine, it probably would sound horrible. LOL

I have SEVERAL things that annoy the heck out of me though, so I too, shall resurrect this thread!
Here goes:

- Junk mail.
- Junk e-mail.
- Hair follicle(s) dust, or anything that doesn't belong on my food, on my food. (That's a big one)
- People coughing, sneezing, or talking over my food. (BIG)
- Harley riders that don't wave to you because you're not riding a Harley.
- Motorcycle riders with no gear protection or helmet. (That's a BIG one.)
- Women who talk on and on and on about their ex, during a date. (That has happened to me a lot.)
- Flies and Bees or other flying insects inside my apartment.
- Lawnmowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers revving outside my apartment.
- STUPID rap songs. (I don't hate rap, but I literally despise rap made nowadays)
- Flying insects buzzing around me while I'm using the restroom.
- Poorly maintained lighting of ALL kinds.
- Car problems.
- Loud people/cars and even motorcycles, while I'm trying to sleep.
- Attempted conversation with me while I'm weight-lifting. (BAD)
- Attempted conversation with me while I'm using the restroom. (ALSO BAD)
- Laptop issues.
- Toilets that aren't flushed.
- People who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.
- Drivers who text and drive.
- Watching people break fluorescent tubes. (Infuriates me.)

I think that's about it but I may be wrong. A lot of what annoys Danny, also annoys me as well

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:55:48 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Gallery
240V 50Hz

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #261 on: May 19, 2017, 11:17:14 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Stop getting the bearings from Subaru then, they buy the cheapest junk they can, and sell them to you for a ridiculous price, just pull out the old one and head down to a bearing shop they will measure it and get you a replacement try to get one made by someone like SKF or Timken it will be the last one you will have to buy and more then likely cost less then the one from a Subaru dealer..

And about the noisy people, tell the manager in a calm, cool, collective manner (No matter how much you want to yell and swear at them, DON'T) I would also record it on your phone, so when they lie to there people up the food chain you can prove it to them, and those people up the chain will fix the issue and offer you something in return for there behavior, and take to social media they know that costs them real money to fix, add videos so people know your not telling a tall tale, and expect nothing less then a complementary stay or two, and if there car park is full of drunks go report it and if they don't fix it call the police, the drunks might be looking for there car and about to go for a drive who knows? Hotels love it when the cops show up, and get the video..

My mechanic has done it under warranty so no charge to me, however its still a pain. Even aftermarket bearings don't seem to last. I love this car but the fact that it chews bearings is rather frustrating. I might go back to Nissan for my next car. Yeah the rant about staying in noisy places was just a general one from the last time I stayed somewhere overnight and had the noise. I forgot to check reviews before booking and indeed the online reviews for this motel were unfavourable. From now on I check online reviews before staying anywhere.

@suzukir122 a lot of those things I agree with as well.
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #262 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:43 PM » Author: suzukir122
 Grin Yeah there are more things that annoy me as well but I'll likely come back on this thread and post more
if I can come up with any.
And the Subaru... what kind of Subaru are we talking about...? Is it the Subaru STI WRX??? If so, that is actually
one of my favorite cars, and I'm not even much of a car person.
Regardless, at least we're talking wheel bearings and not rod bearings. lol

Interests
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Gallery
240V 50Hz

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #263 on: May 20, 2017, 12:40:43 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I had a car with bad rod bearings once, I just abandoned it on the side of the road as I couldn't justify repairs. Wink I have a 2005 Subaru Outback which is good minus the wheel bearings (seems to be common according to Google)

I thought of a couple of things:

-Mismatched colour temperature tubes being used in the same room. I went to a dinosaur museum one time that had a room full of 4 foot fittings and each one had a different colour temperature tube. Seeing the various colours gave me a headache.

-Rubbish on TV like reality garbage. I don't care about Kim Kardashian's (lack of) life or her plastic Barbie doll face.
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #264 on: May 20, 2017, 12:59:06 AM » Author: suzukir122
OHHHHH yeahhhh man you hit another one that annoys me... reality TV shows! I forgot about them... anything involving
the Kardashians instantly gets me angry. "Breaking News. Kim Kardashian has slipped and fell on a banana peel thrown at
her along the red carpet." (I don't care.) "Breaking News. Miley Cyru--" channel change.
"On the next episode of The Bachelo--" TV off.
That's that. Easy.

Interests
Yep

Beta 5

View Gallery

^Netabulb

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #265 on: May 20, 2017, 02:05:39 AM » Author: Beta 5
-Rubbish on TV like reality garbage. I don't care about Kim Kardashian's (lack of) life or her plastic Barbie doll face.

Grin lol

One thing that annoys me it when manufacturers try to make every thing connect to the internet, and be controlled by your phone, there are LED bulbs that do this, and even smoke alarms, and its a bit annoying, as it seems like its more to go wrong with a normally simple thing like a light bulb.
Also street lighting connected to Wi-Fi for its control with nodes etc. it is also more to go wrong (I've seen a street light with a node, dayburning since 2013 when the node was fitted!), what's wrong with a good old photocell?

Thorn Beta 5 35W SOX 1965 - 2008. Top entry/Side entry

Mercurylamps

View Gallery
240V 50Hz

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #266 on: May 20, 2017, 02:08:12 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Grin lol

One thing that annoys me it when manufacturers try to make every thing connect to the internet, and be controlled by your phone, there are LED bulbs that do this, and even smoke alarms, and its a bit annoying, as it seems like its more to go wrong with a normally simple thing like a light bulb.
Also street lighting connected to Wi-Fi for its control with nodes etc. it is also more to go wrong (I've seen a street light with a node, dayburning since 2013 when the node was fitted!), what's wrong with a good old photocell?

Good to see you got a laugh out of that. Grin Exactly, plus I can see WiFi photocells could get hacked by someone who has too much time turning on and off the lights as they please to help commit an act of crime.

@suzukir122: A lot of TV is like that now and it is annoying. I miss the 90s when TV was good, we had awesome video games and went outdoors to play. Kids these days are glued to their phones and tablets, and parents seem to use them as a babysitter too. Also the fact that parents buy their childrens affection with such devices or video games.

Right now I'm scrolling through channels and it is all the same rubbish with Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, etc. Angry

Also while I had a rant on mixture of light source colours, I'll also rant about a road I use all the time that is mainly LPS/SOX lit but has a few posts with HPS or even MH fitted. It ruins the uniformity of the light source and find SOX to be the easiest on my eyes.
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #267 on: May 20, 2017, 04:21:25 AM » Author: suzukir122
Trust me... I miss the good days as well back when I was a 90's kid. Those were the days. Ads weren't annoying...
actually, ads made things interesting at times back then. I can't really pin-point why that is, up to this day.
More kids went out to play back then. I think that's why I'm so physically fit/active. I was never really the kind
of kid that stayed inside the house all day. I wanted to go outside and experience the freedom and fresh air.
Chilling out maxing relaxing and all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside the school.

Interests
Yep

Mercurylamps

View Gallery
240V 50Hz

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #268 on: May 20, 2017, 05:28:27 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I agree, life was way simpler back then, nothing to worry about and going outdoors and having fun as a kid should. At the time I remember hanging round a SOX lit street and watching them warm up from their bright red neon glow and gradually turn orange. Going out on bikes, playing with trees and getting up to all sorts of mischief. And the games back then were much more fun than video games today.
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #269 on: May 20, 2017, 05:51:13 AM » Author: suzukir122
I agree with that as well. My childhood memories regarding street lighting was kind of similar, although I had never
seen an SOX lamp back then at that point. The only other street lighting I saw back when I was a kid (and I'm really talking
around 1996-1998, back when I lived in Nebraska and also Illinois) was Mercury lamps and Sodium lamps.
When my family moved to Illinois, the street lighting was Mercury. Not too long after that, for whatever
reason, they changed the lighting to Sodium. I didn't mind it because I actually liked sodium better than Mercury, because
of that unique orange glow, and the color transition from mercury green to orange upon start up. I thought it was too cool.

There were a number of things that annoyed me when I was a kid btw... but one big time thing that really infuriated me was
watching kids pick up snow from the ground and eat it. I remembered even trying to stop a girl I liked from eating the snow
but she did it anyway.

Interests
Yep

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines