Author Topic: Saving some doomed floods  (Read 4214 times)
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 12:53:35 AM » Author: tolivac
Can you look at the remaining lights with a pair of binoculars to see what sort of lamp they use?Hope you can save them!Did you see the lights lighted before the buildings were demolished?
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 09:39:58 AM » Author: Lumex120
Can you look at the remaining lights with a pair of binoculars to see what sort of lamp they use?Hope you can save them!Did you see the lights lighted before the buildings were demolished?
A few years ago, when power was still connected, they worked but had very greened out lamps in them.

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 12:38:59 AM » Author: tolivac
Must have been mercury lights?
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 09:27:08 AM » Author: Lumex120
Must have been mercury lights?
yes, they are MV. A few years ago they worked, but were very greened out. I just hope the ballasts aren't 480v.

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 07:30:50 PM » Author: Lumex120
Update: The units are sadly no longer standing.  :'( However, not all hope is lost. Although in the piles of rubble, and laying around the site in general, there are pieces of what were once the fixtures. Almost all of the parking lot lights appear to be smashed and destroyed, there is a ballast can laying just 5 feet inside the boundaries. It has a smashed lense near it, but the ballast itself appears to be unharmed. One of the floods, laying farther away, is still intact. I didn't go up in the area, because I was afraid it might be considered trespassing, but I am going to send the city an email about having someone just move the lights outside of the area so i can take them. They are literally just a few feet from the border, and I think that they actually may be 700w units, since the fixtures are too large to be 400w but too small to be 1000w. So, wish me luck, because I am literally 5' away from saving them.  :-\

I will upload some pics in my gallery in a moment.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:20:54 AM by Zarlog » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Wish me luck... « Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 07:37:40 PM » Author: Lumex120
Pics: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1&pid=112942
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3773&pos=0&pid=112943
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:17:35 PM by Zarlog » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 02:14:34 PM » Author: Lumex120
Well, we went there today, I had written a letter about how I was a lighting collector to show them, and was going to offer $30 for all of the ballasts and fixtures laying around the area. So we found someone who was working there, showed them the letter, and asked if we could take the lights. They said that they were required by law to recycle them, because of the PCB's and mercury (Kinda ironic that they discarded the MH highbays to a landfill along with building rubble if that was the case). :( Well, at least I can't say I didn't try to save them. Sorry I couldn't save them (again). :(

Unofficial LG Discord

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 08:44:37 PM » Author: streetlight98
Just take the ballast. Who cares if it's trespassing or not. If they don't catch you, you never did it. ;)

As for the MHs, they wouldn't have had PCBs unless they were from before 1980 (very unlikely).

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 08:50:24 PM » Author: Solanaceae
If those were 700w mercs and ballasts, I'd ßhit myself. Those bulbs and ballasts are extremely rare by now.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Saving some doomed floods « Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 09:33:59 PM » Author: Lumex120
If those were 700w mercs and ballasts, I'd ßhit myself. Those bulbs and ballasts are extremely rare by now.
Oh, that makes it worse. :( I am almost 100% sure that they were 700w...

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies