Author Topic: What is the best fluorescent nightlight?  (Read 1744 times)
light finatic
What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « on: November 28, 2015, 09:41:35 PM » Author: light finatic
Hello all,
I have been getting really mad with fluorescent nightlights lately and I had an Amertac fluorescent one from Home Depot that almost burned down my house and the GE ones don't last.
I may have to get NOS ones online, but what would you recommend for a good fluorescent night light?

Thanks ;)
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 10:06:53 PM » Author: funkybulb
Stick with linear fluorescent.  i use a 110 volt LP40
Fitzegearald lightpack. As my daily nightlight.
Using sylvania CWX lamp

I would stay away from CFL cause they cant be trusted;
Do to it electronics. Also when using CFL u have to inspect yout fixtures for EOL lamp dont let them burn out
In your house.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 01:08:52 AM » Author: dor123
CFLs here, dies silent at EOL.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 02:12:49 AM » Author: Solanaceae
From My experience, CFLs die peacefully. I had a few where they would flow at the ends only (bad cap) and if left like that long enough, will result in the smoky failure. Thankfully, I caught one that glowed at the ends and would flicker violently otherwise. The tubes ended up being severely blackened and the circuit board showed signs of overheating.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 06:03:22 AM » Author: dor123
What cause some of the american CFLs to have an explosive EOL, is because of the use of a doubler.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 02:10:07 PM » Author: Ash
My computer light is PL on Magnetic ballast

I use it in a posttop pathway lantern, that i retrofitted from HPS (untill i'll decide to change to a new lantern again, and then i'll put the original HPS gear back in this lantern. But i will stay with the PL). In one of the past setups i used a PL bulkhead which i laid on top of a closet, so it lights into the ceiling
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 09:08:42 PM » Author: sol
I use a couple of 8 watt T5 switch start battens as basement night lights. I've never had overheating problems, EOL lamps eventually break an electrode and that's it. At church, I use F15, but those are quite bright for home night light use. They have never overheated even with stuck starters.

At home, I use C7 red Christmas lamps but I have considered using a PL-S of 5 watts in a coloured drinking glass as a night light but never got around to getting the parts let alone build anything. Some members here use an F4 lamp, though.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the best fluorescent nightlight? « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 04:09:06 PM » Author: Ash
Getting F4/6/8T5 lamps here in colors <6500K is uncommon, and <4000K is a quest. About only place where they are used is in emergency lighting and exit signs
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies