Author Topic: Airport lighting  (Read 2021 times)
DC-2
Airport lighting « on: December 17, 2015, 07:41:55 PM » Author: DC-2
I was archiving some pictures at a museum when I saw this picture, attached.  Can someone identify the light fixture in the foreground? 
The photo was taken between 1938 and 1950 from a road next to the airport (possibly LaGuardia).  There is a standard anti-collision light on the top of the mast but what are the two other objects on the mast?  I am making an assumption that they are lights since the smaller one has a shield on top and the mast is on a high voltage unit.
Thank you for your help,
Sheila

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Airport lighting « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:11:53 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Yeeep, those two lil things at the top of the pole looks like lights. I don't know what they are, but I bet Colin aka sailormoon01_uk could help.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

DC-2
Re: Airport lighting « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 06:14:19 PM » Author: DC-2
Thank you so much for the explanation.  You have been a major help.
fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Airport lighting « Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:00:22 PM » Author: fran4001
That Douglas DC-4 in front would date this pic late 40's-early 50's at the earliest. The airlines didn't get to use them until post-WW II.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies