Author Topic: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA!  (Read 19335 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « on: December 22, 2015, 05:18:06 AM » Author: Silverliner
Maybe you don't need to stockpile. Here is the report:

http://www.ledinside.com/news/2015/12/nema_praises_us_does_regulatory_decision_affecting_hid_lamps_as_traditional_lighting_shipment_declines

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 05:47:05 AM » Author: lights*plus
Thanks for this link!

Poor T12, just an unwanted size now. I'd continue to collect these.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:24:50 AM » Author: Lumex120
I need to throw a party now that it has been settled! ;D
" Furthermore, the DOE determined that higher energy conservation standards for HID lamps would not yield significant energy savings for the nation." This is what we have been saying all along. Seems like they finally got some sense about this.  ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 12:33:00 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Is this the real life? Or is it just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...
Seriously!!! :o
Now I don't have to scour eBay on New Year's Day. I can go to blowes and get some Sylvania mercs. ;D

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 02:19:55 PM » Author: paintballer22
HID lives on!! :)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 02:37:25 PM » Author: Ash
Congratulations i guess.. Opening an imaginary beer with you

Now we need the same to happen here
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 03:33:52 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Maybe this will promo GE to get their heads out of their asses and stop the discontinuation of many HID fixtures.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 05:03:38 PM » Author: nicksfans
OH YEAH!!! GOOD TIMES!!! Finally something sensible out of Washington regarding lighting.

@Solanaceae: I think this report gives GE one more reason to discontinue HID fixtures. Fewer people are buying the lamps, which means the same for the fixtures.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 11:38:56 PM » Author: dor123
I hope that the EU and also our Energy and Water Resources Ministryת will learn from the US NEMA and DoE, and will cancel the lamp/ballast/tube ban completely. By the end of 2016, most types of HID lamps, will be banned in the EU. The US NEMA and DoE, probably understood that banning HID lamps causes more damage to the environment than energy saving.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:45:16 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 12:25:39 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D NO BAN!!!! That's the best Christmas present!
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 01:13:11 AM » Author: nicksfans
I agree! My Christmas is a little bit sweeter this year because of this news.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 01:33:43 AM » Author: Silverliner
Glad to provide the good news.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 10:05:43 AM » Author: Lumex120
I hope that the EU and also our Energy and Water Resources Ministryת will learn from the US NEMA and DoE, and will cancel the lamp/ballast/tube ban completely. By the end of 2016, most types of HID lamps, will be banned in the EU. The US NEMA and DoE, probably understood that banning HID lamps causes more damage to the environment than energy saving.
There is probably a good chance of that, now if the Doe and NEMA can demonstrate that banning HID completely will cause much more damage to the enviroment than energy saving.

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 10:06:06 AM » Author: Lumex120
I agree! My Christmas is a little bit sweeter this year because of this news.
Mine too.  ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

Aveoguy22
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 08:40:18 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
early Christmas present!  was worrying about where I was going to get my 175 mercs for my NEMA head, now I guess I wont have to!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies