Author Topic: My Loft/Attic re-discovery  (Read 1463 times)
chrisrush36

View Posts
View Gallery

My Loft/Attic re-discovery « on: February 24, 2016, 07:01:00 AM » Author: chrisrush36
Hi all, from 240V land.

Firstly, my thanks to Patrick for my reg. approval and here`s to more hours of interesting browsing!

As hinted at in the subject line, I could do with a bit of knowledgeable help to try and pin this bulb down?
I put this bulb in the loft/attic best part of 30 years ago, when my son became a lot more mobile and interested in all things shiny and `grabable`!
The info, that I can only best remember now (As my dear wife thought it would look far better on display, with a nice shiny copper bottom and polished the faint print off!)
I believe it was made by Osram in the UK (stencilled on top of the globe) 80V and 3000W and more than likely a Lighthouse Bulb? I acquired it in the early 1970`s
and appears to be brand-new, unused and undamaged.

I was also thinking of trying to get it to work (at a very low output, with the filament just glowing, for effect?) what do you think? possible?
I just need to get an old E39/40 GES holder for it, but rare as hens-teeth in the UK (the modern ones just look to, well, modern!)

I`ve got lots more pics of it with filament detail etc. If you want to see em just let me know

Regards, Chris R.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Loft/Attic re-discovery « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 11:17:09 AM » Author: wattMaster
80V? You might need a transformer.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies