Author Topic: Tour of a mall with MV lighting  (Read 1877 times)
Lumex120

View Gallery

^50w mercury vapor wallpack

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Tour of a mall with MV lighting « on: March 09, 2016, 04:41:31 PM » Author: Lumex120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7pLNk8K7E
This is a video of a building that is now sadly gone, but it was lit with lots of MV lights. Some parts had MV wall lights, others had both wall lights and recessed cans. At 8:22, you can hear a very loud MV ballast, and it appears that some are greened out but others are new. It's too bad that it was demolished, since probably not a single light was saved. Sad

Not a misoLEDist*
*LED = Liberal Economic Disaster

tolivac

View Gallery

Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 12:21:05 AM » Author: tolivac
That KMart was like the one in Greenville,NC.It is supposed to be a Publix food store in the future.Remember Pinellas County,Fla-grew up there in the 60's.When you think of it KMart was the "WalMart" of the 60's!
tolivac

View Gallery

Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 12:22:08 AM » Author: tolivac
Oh yes,Like the neon adn mercury lighting in the mall.Too bad they leveled it!Hope the lighting equipment was saved!
Lumex120

View Gallery

^50w mercury vapor wallpack

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 08:19:02 AM » Author: Lumex120
Oh yes,Like the neon adn mercury lighting in the mall.Too bad they leveled it!Hope the lighting equipment was saved!
i doubt it. They usually consider these things part of the building debris and have no intention of saving them. Maybe I am wrong, though. A few times I have seen lights get saved from demolition and reused...

Not a misoLEDist*
*LED = Liberal Economic Disaster

tolivac

View Gallery

Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 11:33:06 PM » Author: tolivac
Sure hope the neon lights were saved-but alas probably weren't.Sad.Looks like that was a nice mall when it was new.
Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines