Author Topic: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach  (Read 3851 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « on: April 06, 2016, 08:27:21 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Guys. Talk a look at This!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage-Japanese-Light-Bulb-Beach-Find-Blue-Glass-Tsunami-Must-See-/111957357368?hash=item1a112db338:g:DAMAAOSwAvJXAcN8

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 11:59:49 PM » Author: Lumex120
Cool!

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:46:51 AM » Author: wattMaster
How did it not break?  :o

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 07:25:18 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Thats a good question  ;)

I'm glad it survived a sea journey without the possibility of it being bashed into rocks

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 03:55:37 PM » Author: hannahs lights
My mate found a Russian bulb on our beach some years ago now I have to admit it only travelled a few thousand feet from Russian factory ships just off our coast
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 04:56:27 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Oh cool. Pity the bulb didn't come to settle on the shore!

I'd be very excited to see and retrieve a washed up vintage bulb  8)

There's an article on Yahoo about a lightbulb that supports a tiny ecosystem https://uk.news.yahoo.com/light-bulb-found-washed-ashore-100216941.html

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 08:42:35 AM » Author: Lumex120
Oh cool. Pity the bulb didn't come to settle on the shore!

I'd be very excited to see and retrieve a washed up vintage bulb  8)

There's an article on Yahoo about a lightbulb that supports a tiny ecosystem https://uk.news.yahoo.com/light-bulb-found-washed-ashore-100216941.html
I just read that. It says that they put the bulb back in the ocean after they found it. I would have probably kept it in a zoo, after all, it's a tiny ecosystem and doesn't need that much space...

Unofficial LG Discord

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 06:58:40 PM » Author: Flurofan96
You're right, they should have kept it in an aquarium that has the suited conditions

But I think its for the best as the organisms would much prefer to be back into the sea!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 05:02:09 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Hey, an aquarium is a fish zoo. :P
And I magically got this translated...
From Reddit uses zehydra:
The center says "Hokuto" which I believe is the Japanese name for the "Big Dipper" constellation. It's hard to read the characters in the outer ring.
From Reddit user 0bt0bt0bt:
Outer ring says ‘耐水硬質集魚灯’ literally means ’Water-resistant hard fishing light’.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

refridgedude1841

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 08:27:56 PM » Author: refridgedude1841
Funny no one bought it...twice it went and didn't sell. 
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 03:09:01 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Only reason for it was it had no base as one the photos showed it without the screw base!!!

I would have bought it if it was on a Buy It Now price and if I was living in the US. Don't want to experience more smashed bulbs because of the sheer distance from USA to UK

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 12:19:26 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Here in southeast Alaska, I've seen several large Japanese bulbs wash up on beaches.  I never actually kept any though.  One I remember in particular was (I think) a 2000 watt 100 volt one.  (it had both Japanese and English writing on the etch).

And yes, they always have "Stuff" growing on them!

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old Japanese bulb said to be washed up on a beach « Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 01:45:40 AM » Author: marcopete87
The center says "Hokuto"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_North_Star

ok, at first time i thought about this:
http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/IN%20R%20240-150ERX85-B22d3%20Mazda%20Rectalux.htm

because it have (or had) an mirror side.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies