Author Topic: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures  (Read 10074 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « on: March 08, 2008, 12:43:36 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
This is where you can put links of your drawings of streetlights or light bulbs or wiring diagrams....

Do not put any drawings in the gallery....

The drawings can be hand-drawn and scanned, or computer photoshop drawn...Use your own webpage to post drawings, and not in the gallery.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:25:51 AM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:59:49 PM » Author: bluelights
Not really mine, but I liked these paintings. I think she caught the mercury vapor atmosphere perfectly in the two paintings at the bottom of the page.
http://www.jessicadunne.com/largepaintings.html

"The orange cloud looks like floating nuclear waste."
Save the mercury lamp

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 02:59:36 AM » Author: joseph_125
Here are some of my Google Sketchup models that I made into images

400W MH Highbay with a bt shaped lamp made by me.

Old style fluorescent fixture lampholders from 3dwarehouse.

175W mercury vapour highway sign light based on this one. Fixture design modified from one on Google 3dwarehouse.

400W mercury vapour cobrahead the truss arm made be me, fixture modified from 3dwarehouse

These were made using a trial copy of IRender, all wattages are approximated.

Highway scene at night Everything except the centre guiderails, lighting fixtures and, cars are made by me. The others are modified from 3dwarehouse, sign "410" graphic from wikipedia. Cobras are 200W HPS and signs are 175W MV

Highway scene at night Everything except the sign gantry, lighting fixtures and, cars are made by me. The others are modified from 3dwarehouse, sign "410" graphic from wikipedia. Overpass lights are 250W MV, cobras are 400W MV and signs are 175W MV

And some NEMA tags that I made

175W Mercury Vapour

35W High Pressure Sodium
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 03:05:09 AM by joseph_125 » Logged
Rob

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 05:13:23 PM » Author: Rob
I made a sketchup model of an old fluorescent street ligt made by Schréder. I have seen it once as a kid, so I do not remember the details. I only know that it is very rare and high on my wanted list ;D

If there are more people who have seen this lantern, I would like to know that!

I think it is the single tube version of the lantern you can see in my avatar.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 05:35:43 PM » Author: Medved
@RetroRob: I think design with bare lamp would be unusable with todays T8 lamps, as these are designed for higher temperature, so they would run too cool to be efficient.
What might help is some protection/thermal insulation sleeve over the lamp (and i think it would be necessary addendum to the old fixture in order to keep seals around lamp ends effective to protect socket contacts from the water)

No more selfballasted c***

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 11:17:17 AM » Author: magslight
I've never seen a streetlight for TL without bowl. :o
The lantern of your avatar has a protection for the tubes.
Interesting lanterns 8)
Rob

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 12:55:21 PM » Author: Rob
I have made another sketchup model of an old fluorescent street light.

I saw these lanterns sometimes in Belgium (when I was a kid). It is probably made by Clarel.

I haven't seen it for years! If you have information/pictures about this lantern, let me know.
tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV25 Silverliners are classical!

david.frangioso
Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:58:02 AM » Author: tpirman1982
In two of my works of art on Deviant Art, I have done some some street lights in them.

http://tpirman1982.deviantart.com/art/Minerva-Cruises-The-Road-103913510?qj=2&q=gallery%3Atpirman1982%2F21127633&qo=503
Here, I've rendered lots of different street lights over Minerva's car at the top of the image.

http://tpirman1982.deviantart.com/art/MBTA-Silver-Line-Clementine-165409379?q=gallery%3Atpirman1982%2F21127633&qo=0
Here, you'll find a couple of Silverliners in the background.

My street light gallery is located at
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/tpirman1982/index.html

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:27 PM » Author: DaveMan
I've seen lights in dreams that I haven't seen in real life and I have thought about sketching them either in photoshop or with a pencil on paper. Most of them were fluorescent. I'll post some links when I do.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 01:16:27 PM » Author: Ash
Anything involving weird EOL modes, T12 blackenders behaving like they're Altos, lamp lit at full brightness and no effect on the room, lamps bending and deforming "from long use over many decades" (fluorescents not MH arctubes) ...?
Brisluminous
Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:55 AM » Author: Brisluminous
Some great stuff there people.

Amazing what can be done with a bit of imagination  :)

Claire

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 11:28:56 AM » Author: Claire
Here's a sketch that I did a year or so ago. It shows a London Trolley bus at the bus stop in the late 1950s, with a GEC Clearmain mercury lantern looking down on the scene below. The sketch is unfinished, but it's complete enough to show:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:30:49 AM by Claire » Logged
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 01:58:32 PM » Author: Ash
Awsome !
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Artistic Drawings of Lights Pictures « Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 04:13:05 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is an artistic google sketchup 8 drawing of a huge 1930s schoolhouse pendant fixture designed for 750-1500w PS52 incandescent lamps with E39 bases.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies