Author Topic: What happened to GE Edison?  (Read 1617 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

What happened to GE Edison? « on: May 06, 2016, 05:39:43 PM » Author: wattMaster
I have a PAR38 bulb, Marked "(GE) Edison" and I was wondering what happened to these Halogen lamps, because it seems like they never existed, and I don't know much more about these, or when they were discontinued.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:07:58 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: What happened to GE Edison? « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 09:48:05 PM » Author: nicksfans
I remember seeing GE "Edison" lamps on store shelves in the early-mid 2000s. I think it was just their name for halogen lamps at the time.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to GE Edison? « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 02:29:47 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
They had an edison line of bulbs for awhile, but those have since been retired. 

http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/na/consumer/about/history-of-ge/thomas-edison-and-ge.jsp

http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/na/consumer/search.jsp?region=[search-region-parameter+NOT+FOUND]&q=Edison

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:43:21 AM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What happened to GE Edison? « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 04:35:43 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I'm not sure, but I'm in love with that BT shaped one. If only they hads made BT 17 mercs lol.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to GE Edison? « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:47:57 AM » Author: wattMaster
I'm not sure, but I'm in love with that BT shaped one. If only they hads made BT 17 mercs lol.
I think that they might actually exist, but I don't know.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:59:21 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to GE Edison? « Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 09:35:24 PM » Author: jrmcferren
I think the Edison name was phased out when general service lamps moved from being standard incandescent to being halogen. The Edison brand was used to signify the crisp nature of the slightly higher color temperature light. When general service lamps moved to halogen to comply to comply with government mandates, halogen lamps could no longer be considered a premium product or marketed as such. Special branding such as "regular everyday light" was removed from soft white, but "clean beautiful light" remains on the reveal package.

GE has instead changed the marketing focus to the various lumen ranges 25 watt replacements as "subtile, reassuring light" 40 watt replacements as "Cozy, Relaxing Light," 60 watt replacements as "comfortable, inviting light," 75 and 100 watt replacements as "fresh, energizing light," and 150 watt replacements as "strong, vibrant light."
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies