Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65346 times)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #75 on: August 06, 2017, 01:05:08 AM » Author: Lodge
Unfortunately I'm unable to take my car through an automatic car wash as it has Thule roof racks (keys were lost by last owner; I use the roof racks anyway as I take a roof box on road trips.) and I also have aftermarket driving lights on the front. The brushes may cause damage. Still, I could hand wash it when I can actually be bothered. ;D

I've probably mentioned that I like falling asleep to fan noises, well another thing I enjoy is the sound of an air conditioning compressor kicking in and out while I'm laying in bed. 8)

Time to learn a new skill, lock picking  ;D  hand washing is way better but still like using a pressure washer myself, as I can also cut the grass growing in the chain link fence with a zero deg jet at the same time, yes I like cleanly cut grass with proper edging..   
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #76 on: August 06, 2017, 01:11:31 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Oh yes, I have a Karcher pressure washer which I use to give it a good hose down. I also spray the driveway occasionally with it as well to get rid of any mud and dirt that accumulates as well as spraying the outdoor fixtures. Oh yes I know how to pick locks since I was a kid my brother would take my stuff and hide them in his room so I'd pick the lock on his door.  ;D ;)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #77 on: August 06, 2017, 08:36:31 AM » Author: sol
The brushes may cause damage.

I only use the "touch less" ones, where there are only high pressure sprays, much like a dishwasher. The only things touching the vehicle are water and soaps/cleaners/waxes/etc.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #78 on: August 06, 2017, 09:19:28 AM » Author: CEB1993
Good stuff sol, Mercurylamps, and Owen, I can relate to all of that!

I reset my trip mileage each time I refuel and I really enjoy trying to get 120 miles out of a 1/2 tank in town and 150 miles out of a 1/2 tank on the highway.  I can always tell that my car is burning gas efficiently.
Yeah, it feels great to use the bathroom first thing after waking up. I have a tiny bladder and I'm always desperate to pee when I get out of bed. Such a relieving feeling ;D
The best thing to help me fall asleep is the gentle hum of a fan. I'm conditioned to fall asleep to that sound, so even my desk fan at work makes me drowsy  :D Owen, I like the sound of a nice A/C compressor at night, helps me relax as I sleep and know that my A/C is working.
Pressure washing is fun (although that reminds me of another household horror story). They're such an easy way to give any surface a powerful clean. I like using my pressure washer to blast away the thick layer of pollen on the porch each spring.  At my nearby car wash, there are 2 drive through's, one with spinning brushes and one that is touch free and pressure washes the car. Either way does good job and leaves my car shiny and clean  8)

One thing I really enjoy is driving after getting brand new tires or adding air to my current tires. It handles so much better and rides a lot smoother. Like getting new shoes for my car LOL!  I just put Michelins on my Jetta last year and it has felt like a new car. When it gets cold by November or December, I sometimes have to add air to the tires since their air pressure drops. That improves the steering, gas mileage and the ride smoothness.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:14:09 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #79 on: August 06, 2017, 11:14:15 AM » Author: sol
For falling asleep, I prefer the sound of ocean waves, although I rarely listen to the recording at that time. My son loves it, though. I bought a digital copy on iTunes for fear of wearing down my vinyl LP. It is Dan Gibson's Solitudes, original series volume 2 if you're interested.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #80 on: August 06, 2017, 10:23:22 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I only use the "touch less" ones, where there are only high pressure sprays, much like a dishwasher. The only things touching the vehicle are water and soaps/cleaners/waxes/etc.

The brushes are a lot of fun, I've always had a small interest in brush car washes for some reason. ;D

Good stuff sol, Mercurylamps, and Owen, I can relate to all of that!

I reset my trip mileage each time I refuel and I really enjoy trying to get 120 miles out of a 1/2 tank in town and 150 miles out of a 1/2 tank on the highway.  I can always tell that my car is burning gas efficiently.
Yeah, it feels great to use the bathroom first thing after waking up. I have a tiny bladder and I'm always desperate to pee when I get out of bed. Such a relieving feeling ;D
The best thing to help me fall asleep is the gentle hum of a fan. I'm conditioned to fall asleep to that sound, so even my desk fan at work makes me drowsy  :D Owen, I like the sound of a nice A/C compressor at night, helps me relax as I sleep and know that my A/C is working.
Pressure washing is fun (although that reminds me of another household horror story). They're such an easy way to give any surface a powerful clean. I like using my pressure washer to blast away the thick layer of pollen on the porch each spring.  At my nearby car wash, there are 2 drive through's, one with spinning brushes and one that is touch free and pressure washes the car. Either way does good job and leaves my car shiny and clean  8)

One thing I really enjoy is driving after getting brand new tires or adding air to my current tires. It handles so much better and rides a lot smoother. Like getting new shoes for my car LOL!  I just put Michelins on my Jetta last year and it has felt like a new car. When it gets cold by November or December, I sometimes have to add air to the tires since their air pressure drops. That improves the steering, gas mileage and the ride smoothness.

You have to love new tyres. I bought new tyres for my Subaru last November before a large road trip and they are indeed Michelin. They are still holding up well and are far smoother and more quiet than the Bridgestone tyres they replaced. Yokohama is a good tyre choice too. 8)

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #81 on: August 21, 2017, 03:53:31 PM » Author: CEB1993
There are a lot of smells that are oddly satisfying for me:

New tires and the tire store
Vanilla extract
Buring hickory on a charcoal grill
Lacoste Essential cologne
Any kind of whiskey
Freshly washed bedsheets
Freshly falllen rain
Hibachi restaurants
Baking Parmesan cheese
The "crayon" smell of my Volkswagen Jetta

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #82 on: August 21, 2017, 08:26:18 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Oh yes love the new tyre smell as well as tyre shops. I had Michelin tyres fitted to my Outback last year and they gave off a nice strong new tyre smell for a couple of months. 8)

It's the smell of freshly washed bedsheets as well as feeling how soft they are that gives me a great sleep at night.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #83 on: August 21, 2017, 08:39:29 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Actually I should add, I love a nice hot cup of tea all the time. ;D
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #84 on: August 21, 2017, 11:04:31 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Mint tea is nice... also like green tea.. also like dark coffee

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #85 on: August 21, 2017, 11:06:25 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Green tea is nice, especially first thing in the morning.

That morning pee when you wake up. ;D
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #86 on: August 21, 2017, 11:07:10 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Green tea is nice, especially first thing in the morning.

That morning pee when you wake up. ;D
LOL

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #87 on: August 21, 2017, 11:32:43 PM » Author: Lodge
Oddly enough, that pesky weed horsetail actually makes really good green tea and it'll help go in the morning and all day long, but you won't get Gout and helps with arthritis, and makes your finger nails really strong, and eat stingy nettles so you put on muscles to go along with this finger nails, and they actually taste pretty good as well and it's full of fiber so the other parts of the story get pretty regular as well..   
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #88 on: September 03, 2017, 10:42:13 PM » Author: CEB1993
Today was the first day of the year with just a hint of fall in the air.  It was about 55 degrees when I woke up this morning and there was almost no humidity, how refreshing!  I love the first cooler fall days of September after a long, hot, and humid summer.  It's like one of my birthday presents, the cooler weather in September  8)

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #89 on: September 04, 2017, 08:56:47 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Being in Australia it's the opposite, we've had the hint of spring here and the weather is so lovely. I'm looking forward to summer this year. 8) ;D
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies