Author Topic: MN-610 Extension Lighting  (Read 1717 times)
EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
MN-610 Extension Lighting « on: May 22, 2016, 07:23:23 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Does anyone happen to know what the lighting on the new MN-610 extension will be? Also, with the new MN-610/I-94 interchange, will MNDOT install continuous lighting between the Bass Lake Interchange and the new interchange, or even the MN-101 interchange? Thanks in advance.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: MN-610 Extension Lighting « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 08:16:31 PM » Author: Lumex120
Does anyone happen to know what the lighting on the new MN-610 extension will be? Also, with the new MN-610/I-94 interchange, will MNDOT install continuous lighting between the Bass Lake Interchange and the new interchange, or even the MN-101 interchange? Thanks in advance.
It's most likely going to be LEDs. If not, HPS m400a2's.

Unofficial LG Discord

EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: MN-610 Extension Lighting « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:25:54 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Well i'm 99.99% sure it's going to be LED. The only reason why it wouldn't be would be if MNDOT decided to install highmasts, which seems pretty unlikely.
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: MN-610 Extension Lighting « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:53:05 PM » Author: mdcastle
Incidentally Mn/DOT missed converting the lights on MN 13 and County 5 in Burnvsille, they were too new and thus forgotten to be added to the LED conversion contracts. These are soon going to be the only non-high mast, non tunnel Mn/DOT HPS lights. I presume someone will notice eventually and they'll send a Mn/DOT crew out to do it.
EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: MN-610 Extension Lighting « Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:29:37 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Interesting! How could MNDOT just "forget" to convert certain streetlights? Wouldn't someone notice? Also, this is kind of off topic, but do you ever think continuous lighting will be added between the metro and St. Cloud, perhaps if I-94 is expanded to six lanes?
EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: MN-610 Extension Lighting « Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 09:20:30 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Well, it seems MNDOT is actually installing continuous median lighting along the new MN-610 extension, which I would have never expected. I drove by about a week ago, and noticed new poles going up as far as I could see down the road. To me, this seems like a waste of money, since this 2 1/2 mile long section of the freeway will now be the only section of MN-610 to feature continuous lighting. It also makes me wonder if MNDOT has some other surprises coming...
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies