Author Topic: Vintage Mercury Vapor Power Bracket Fixtures  (Read 5127 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Vintage Mercury Vapor Power Bracket Fixtures « Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 09:37:52 PM » Author: Lumex120
I have always wondered if these used F can ballasts. Would make sense since they are easier to replace.

By the way, I would love to have a 400w or 1000w (was it even made ? ) version someday.

Unofficial LG Discord

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Vintage Mercury Vapor Power Bracket Fixtures « Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 02:56:07 AM » Author: joseph_125
Here is a few pics of the labels. The Westinghouse label is tough to make out tho.

Ahh, thanks it seems like a thing for Canadian street lights to have external labels. The Powerlites, GE and Westinghouse fixtures are all like that. Anyway, Powerlite was a streetlighting manufacturer that got bought out by Sylvania in the 60s. They made a power bracket fixture that was known as the Private Eye.

I have always wondered if these used F can ballasts. Would make sense since they are easier to replace.

By the way, I would love to have a 400w or 1000w (was it even made ? ) version someday.

Yeah, not many streetlights use F-can ballasts, you usually see them as recessed light ballasts or as indoor remote ballasts. I know a 400w model was made. It used the same cross section can but was around 2' long. I don't think they made a 1000w model though.
bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage Mercury Vapor Power Bracket Fixtures « Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 07:03:04 AM » Author: bucket175mv

Well I know 400w does exist but I do not believe they made a 1000w version. I was at a local fairgrounds the other night and they had 1000w MV round floods to light the area. It's amazing how bright these bulbs get, blinding!
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage Mercury Vapor Power Bracket Fixtures « Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 03:47:38 PM » Author: wattMaster

Well I know 400w does exist but I do not believe they made a 1000w version. I was at a local fairgrounds the other night and they had 1000w MV round floods to light the area. It's amazing how bright these bulbs get, blinding!
I always wanted to see a 1kW MV flood light, it would be bright!

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage Mercury Vapor Power Bracket Fixtures « Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 08:48:15 PM » Author: bucket175mv
YOU LUCKY GUY!!!
I saw that too, however I have been busy lately and wasn't up for the 2h+ drive for these. Thank god a collector got those though... I thought some other person got it and would... idk... CONVERT TO LED??

I kinda had a near miss with an old Philips SOX lamp. When I contacted the guy, he said someone was coming to pick it up that night. With determination, I finally persuaded him on selling it to me! THANKFULLY he did because when I first went to power it up, nothing happened but then soon realized that it was a loose connection. Once that was fixed, it worked good as new!

If someone else (not a collector) got it, it would have been in the scrapper by now.

Hi there. Yeah lately I've been on the hunt for old :mv:fixtures and when I saw these I had to get them. I never owned ballast in arm type fixtures before and I plan to use these when I get a bigger property.

Oh no worries I'd never convert these fixtures to LED.  :mv:for life!

As you can see I did score two new MV bulbs and I was hoping to get some old dim MV bulbs but nothing.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies