Author Topic: Disposable Lighting  (Read 6899 times)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 02:00:01 PM » Author: Ash
I dont care, cause i dont consider LED suitable for general ligting in the 1st place. Actually, just wait a while and see if the Chinese clone the Philips stuff, essentially making it into a standard in Philips' face
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 02:27:09 PM » Author: wattMaster
I dont care, cause i dont consider LED suitable for general ligting in the 1st place. Actually, just wait a while and see if the Chinese clone the Philips stuff, essentially making it into a standard in Philips' face
It's actually good that there are fewer standards, so integrated LED fixtures will keep getting more unreliable, owners will be unhappy, then there will be less LED.
LED is kind of a ticking time bomb.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 07:20:03 PM » Author: wattMaster
Now, I think anything not collectible can be considered "disposable."

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 11:01:06 AM » Author: Ash
Why would they be getting more unreliable over time ? They gotta be getting more reliable as manufacturers learn their limits the hard way (the hard for us, customers)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 01:23:39 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
That's right.  LEDs are here to stay.  Thankfully. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 06:54:00 PM » Author: Beta 5
That's right.  LEDs are here to stay.  Thankfully. 

That's ok as long as they are not the only light source available to use, and we have choice over which light sources we do use

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 08:38:58 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Ash
If the China companies do clone that stuff, and essentially generate a 'standard', then good for them!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 12:15:06 AM » Author: Ash

That's ok as long as they are not the only light source available to use, and we have choice over which light sources we do use

Believing that LEDs can do more, and that fewer choices can benefit consumers best ..

http://hub.currentbyge.com/h/i/260871168-cfl-vs-halogen-vs-led
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #38 on: February 18, 2017, 07:23:45 AM » Author: wattMaster
LED = one-size-fits-all?

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #39 on: February 18, 2017, 08:11:37 AM » Author: Ash
If we take your analogy to clothing, it is available in different sizes (Wattages) and colors (K temps), but only one style. If this style is considered fashionable, most users will happily use it and not notice anything (of interest to them) missing. Users who dress as Anime characters would not be happy

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Disposable Lighting « Reply #40 on: February 26, 2017, 02:34:32 AM » Author: Lodge
Display cases for light bulbs, well I'm not an expert here because I display my low pressure sodium lights outside they don't need a light to display them, the timer turns them on at sunset and off at sunrise, but the dollar store seems to have nice 19 watt Philips remote phosphor 19 watt Led bulbs for a few bucks right now so that's a fairly a disposable light I guess, and on the plus side you can pop off the cover and remove the yellow plastic lens and they are a really bright eyeball burning blue light that works great at Halloween time to light up the yard for the kids and they make anything florescent glow brightly.. (I'll do a photo shoot later of how to do this)   
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies