Author Topic: From this day on, I hate UPS  (Read 2842 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
From this day on, I hate UPS « on: July 06, 2016, 04:40:23 PM » Author: Lumex120
I have just about had it. My OV 15 arrived as if it had a very heavy object dropped on it. The lense is in about a dozen pieces, and the reflector even got pushed out from the impact. What is wrong with UPS? It was VERY well packed and would have taken a solid brick of lead or something to break it.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I am probably going to have to send it back to the seller. I am VERY mad right now.  >:(

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 04:48:05 PM » Author: wattMaster
UPS is known for evilly handling packages. >:( >:(
Oh, and did you sell off some of your collection? Streetlights aren't that big.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:50:31 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 04:51:11 PM » Author: Lumex120
I will once I get everything sorted out and this possibly replaced. Still annoys me that a rare light fell victim to UPS.  >:(

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 04:52:32 PM » Author: wattMaster
I will once I get everything sorted out and this possibly replaced. Still annoys me that a rare light fell victim to UPS.  >:(
If you don't have any place to store it, try selling your non lighting related items?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 04:53:47 PM » Author: Lumex120
If you don't have any place to store it, try selling your non lighting related items?
I know this sounds weird but I really don't have anything other than a few printers I need to get rid of and some car stereo amps.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 04:55:24 PM » Author: wattMaster
I will once I get everything sorted out and this possibly replaced. Still annoys me that a rare light fell victim to UPS.  >:(
I know this sounds weird but I really don't have anything other than a few printers I need to get rid of and some car stereo amps.
The streetlight could maybe take the place of one of your printers.
Why not make your own holding space?
General Rule: If you can't find more space, make more space.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:00:52 PM by wattMaster » Logged

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 05:00:45 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I'm having the space problem but the good stuff is mixed with junk. Just need to toss the junk.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 05:34:13 PM » Author: Lumex120
Good news. The seller has lots of replacement covers with no lights for them and will send me a new one. I hope this one arrives undamaged.

Unofficial LG Discord

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:56:41 PM » Author: streetlight98
By cover do you mean lens? I hate it when carriers are neglegent with packages. Happens all to often. With UPS especially. I hate them. I prefer USPS or FedEx, but they're not without their flaws either.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 09:57:52 AM » Author: Lumex120
By cover do you mean lens? I hate it when carriers are neglegent with packages. Happens all to often. With UPS especially. I hate them. I prefer USPS or FedEx, but they're not without their flaws either.
yes, the lense. They have several fixtures that were badly damaged and so they parted them out and now they have extra covers. I have NEVER had issues with sending or receiving fragile items through USPS.

Unofficial LG Discord

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 05:22:39 PM » Author: xelareverse
About the space thing: Don told me that theres always a way to find space, I listened to that and now my collecrion is much neater, just rearange it to be less messy, Ex: Cobraheads stored verticaly instead of horizontally, lamps stored in egg crates on shelves.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 05:31:05 PM » Author: Lumex120
About the space thing: Don told me that theres always a way to find space, I listened to that and now my collecrion is much neater, just rearange it to be less messy, Ex: Cobraheads stored verticaly instead of horizontally, lamps stored in egg crates on shelves.
it doesn't matter how they are organised or stored to them.  :(

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: From this day on, I hate UPS « Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 10:02:57 PM » Author: wattMaster
it doesn't matter how they are organised or stored to them.  :(
Think of some ingenious way, maybe if I had photos of storage areas, I could help you.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies