Author Topic: Things That Scare You  (Read 18716 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 04:16:56 PM » Author: Danny
Nothing special really, just a couple of HF cheap looking things that instant start the tube, plus a bug zapper that takes a 22w Circ, and an 8w Gro lux light for my cuttings
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 04:18:07 PM » Author: wattMaster
Better have lots of bug zappers, Florida has loads of bugs all around.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 04:19:36 PM » Author: Danny
Bet there's some scary bugs around there. You guys will have big giant wasps? They'd scare the hell out of me!
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 04:41:26 PM » Author: wattMaster
Bet there's some scary bugs around there. You guys will have big giant wasps? They'd scare the (...) out of me!
Do you have a photo of the typical wasps you have?

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 04:43:59 PM » Author: Danny
Here's what we get here, we also get the queen ones which are about twice bigger
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 04:45:48 PM » Author: wattMaster
Here's what we get here, we also get the queen ones which are about twice bigger
Two that I can recall are the European Wasp and Paper Wasp, but I haven't seen any queens.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 05:04:24 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Re aliens. I would not think of them as scary if they're like Rodger from American dad. But if they're facehuggers then I'd be worried. It's ghosties and demons you need to watch out for.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 10:21:39 PM » Author: xelareverse
Re aliens. I would not think of them as scary if they're like Rodger from American dad. But if they're facehuggers then I'd be worried. It's ghosties and demons you need to watch out for.
I'm watching that right now
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 02:03:05 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I strongly believe theres other life out there other than us, but if they were more advanced I doubt they would ever visit here, they would see the human race as `hostile`!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #39 on: July 13, 2016, 01:49:27 PM » Author: Medved
I§m pretty sure there had been and will be some forms of an intelligent life outside Earth in the Universe, even it is quite probable there are som just now, but I strongly doubt there would be any contact (that means information exchange to such extend, so both parties at least are aware of each others existence).

The thing is, for that to happen just too many conditions would have to be met:
- We both would have to be in quite advanced evolution state. For the Earth it means a time window of about 1000years within few billion years of the life on the Earth. That is just barely 1ppm probability.
- We both would have to be of a similar physical size, otherwise wel eill most likely just overlook the existence of the other one (you do not directly see bacteria, we would be so big for the bacteria it will see us as a bunch of rather nonintelligent small cells, because it won't see the whole body). And these were proportions of just a life form coming from common "ancestors", so the difference of another life form will be likely way greater.
- We will have to be present very close by. We are able to see enough details from just few 1000 LY surrounding. Well, the known Universe is of billions LY diameter. If you add the 3D relations, the "close by" is just 10^18'th portion. So 10^18 times more space, where the other civilization may be without us even noticing. If the distance is too big so traveling it will take too many generations, it means such travel is extremely energy demanding for them as well - so it will be either considered out of reach if they are supposed to keep their planet alive (so they will not be traveling those distances), or they suck it so aggressively the life on that planet will disappear (so the chance to meet in the same tame frame becomes way lower)
- The life of both forms would have to progress with similar pace. If not, our "long term" transmission going for 50 years may be seen just as a flash picked by them just randomly, but till they redirect their equipment to confirm it, it is not going to repeat, so they will have no time to really learn anything from it. Or the opposite, if their pace is way quicker, they will see that as a rather permanent "hum" normally expected to come from the starts. Only if the living pace is similar, such signal may be correctly identified. Now if you look just onto our planet, we have even complex creatures with life cycle of barely hours (insects), while at the same time we have 1000 year old trees. And again, both are quite related, in the universe point of view...

So for sure, some of the conditions will be met (e.g. the distance does not have to be such problem, if the form is long living enough, so the light may cross that within quite acceptable time compare to their life length, but then there would be the life pace mismatch).
So really interacting with each other I really see as unlikely.

No more selfballasted c***

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #40 on: July 13, 2016, 04:59:28 PM » Author: wattMaster
And yet some people think the government contacted aliens but is hiding it. :-*

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #41 on: July 13, 2016, 05:38:38 PM » Author: Solanaceae
 Dale gribble intensifies.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #42 on: July 13, 2016, 05:46:15 PM » Author: wattMaster
Another thing I am scared of is someone coming and stealing all of my lighting.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:54:27 AM by wattMaster » Logged

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #43 on: November 30, 2016, 07:33:44 PM » Author: Flurofan96
What would be scary as heck is a nurse giving me an injection with a syringe the size of a 400W tubular MH lamp or wise 600W  :o :o :o :o

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #44 on: December 01, 2016, 02:02:52 AM » Author: dor123
Things that most scare me:
1. Applause
2. Laugh
3. When people says or shout "Mazel Tov". Especially if it isn't because of a birthday, bar/bat Mitzvah, wedding or birth of son / daughter.
4. When people says or shout "Mazel Tov" when someone breaks something that made from glass or porcelain, so it is make a similar noise to the glass breaking in a Jewish wedding (I usually see this as an offending behavior).

When I was at Shaffririm special eduction school, I experienced a hard trauma, when I broke a plate in the dinning room of Kibbutz Givat Hayim Icud, and the teens of the Kibbutz, which happened to be there (I didn't recognized them as such during this time), screamed "Mazel Tov!" twice and applauded twice, much like whats customary when the groom breaking the glass in Jewish wedding. This triggered me to be scared from this greeting.

Other things that scares me:
1. Studio audience or laugh track in TV programs (For me, it would be better that these things would be eliminated, and that TV programs won't contains any form of applause/laughter).
2. Air raid sirens.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:47:11 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies