Author Topic: PLL blackligjt blue tubes  (Read 1748 times)
mobilite

View Posts
View Gallery

PLL blackligjt blue tubes « on: July 22, 2016, 01:30:29 PM » Author: mobilite
Im lookung for some backlight blue tubes to replacemy white phillips PL-L 40w/35/rs.tubes are 4 pin, 22" in length.  The fixture is a 24" square 3 tube.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: PLL blackligjt blue tubes « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 01:10:47 AM » Author: Lodge
I don't think anyone made a 40 watt PLL in either a BL or BLB  all I can find in a PLL style lamp  BLB's are 36 watt, and BL 36 and 55 watt, Same with the UVC PLL tubes, does it need to be a PLL because Lowes had cheap GE 48 inch T12 BLB 40 watts for like $7.50 a shot and every store in Edmonton has like 20 or more .. 
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: PLL blackligjt blue tubes « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 09:34:14 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Never heard of a BLB, but you may be able to get a PL lamp like that in Actinic-03 (an aquarium lamp) .. I really don't remember what all sizes they made though.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PLL blackligjt blue tubes « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 10:35:25 PM » Author: Lodge
BLB, Black Light Blue, is a tube using a woods glass filter they are one's that look black / dark purple this allows the light to filter out most of the visiable light from the tube. And the BL is just a Black Light they are white but light up blue, normally seen in bug zappers...   
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: PLL blackligjt blue tubes « Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 11:59:21 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Lodge
BLB, Black Light Blue, is a tube using a woods glass filter they are one's that look black / dark purple this allows the light to filter out most of the visiable light from the tube. And the BL is just a Black Light they are white but light up blue, normally seen in bug zappers...   
I think most guys here know the difference..and just suggested BL as an alternative to BLB since they're sometimes easier to find.
The Actinic-03 I mentioned is white when off like a BL, but when lit its a much deeper blue than BL (still not that of a BLB though)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PLL blackligjt blue tubes « Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 01:04:09 PM » Author: Lodge
In a 40 watt config, I don't think they are going to find anything but white, not even UV-C they all went 36 watt and are only 16 1/3 inches not 22.5 inches, odds are good that the ballast will more then likely support running them but they won't fit the fixture correctly...

And about the BLB,I very literally just read your post and it said Never heard of a BLB...   
mobilite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PLL blackligjt blue tubes « Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:18:33 AM » Author: mobilite
I ended up not finding any, however I went to a stage lighting supply store and picked up several 20" x 24" spotlight gels sheets of different colors. I sliced the plastic in 6" sections, rolled around and taped them, now I have several options for colors. I did put up some 1 tube T12 fixtures with BLB T12's.  Thanks for the info.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies