Author Topic: Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent lig  (Read 1681 times)
jwilde12
Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent lig « on: July 23, 2016, 05:24:52 AM » Author: jwilde12
Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent light fixtures located in Philadelphia. There are 6 fixtures available from my father's furniture business. I believe this is the kind, because I found one identical previously posted on this sight.

I know nothing about vintage lighting, but I am liquidating my 99 year old father's furniture business (he is still alive and kicking by the way..so there is good karma attached to these fixtures) and he had these installed back in the  1940's when he built the store (they are still in the original ceiling). There are also extra etched glass 4 foot pieces available.

Does anyone have any idea of their value or who may be interested in purchasing them? We could always send them to an auction house, but these have sentimentality, and we are trying to find the right home.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:22:22 PM by jwilde12 » Logged
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent lig « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:04:27 AM » Author: wattMaster
This goes in the For Sale or Trade section.
I'm not interested right now, but I am sure other people are.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent lig « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:11:00 PM » Author: nicksfans
If the ballasts are all original and working, I'd say easily $200 apiece, possibly quite a bit more depending on who is willing to buy them from you. The biggest problem is that vintage fluorescent fixtures don't have nearly the same following as vintage incandescent fixtures (think RLM "barn lights", Holophane lights, etc.), so it can be a little tougher to find a buyer. They are beautiful fixtures, though.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

good223

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent lig « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 09:34:59 AM » Author: good223
Where are you located? It will be best if you try to find a local buyer.

Another issue is with shipping...

People might be willing to pay $200 for the fixture, but factor in shipping costs and the high risk of it getting damaged in shipping and it makes it even harder to find a buyer...
jwilde12
Re: Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent lig « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 03:20:58 PM » Author: jwilde12
If the ballasts are all original and working, I'd say easily $200 apiece, possibly quite a bit more depending on who is willing to buy them from you. The biggest problem is that vintage fluorescent fixtures don't have nearly the same following as vintage incandescent fixtures (think RLM "barn lights", Holophane lights, etc.), so it can be a little tougher to find a buyer. They are beautiful fixtures, though.

Thank you so much for your feedback...it is most appreciated!
jwilde12
Re: Circa Early 1940's Art Deco Globe Electric 4 tube 4 foot preheat fluorescent lig « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 03:21:56 PM » Author: jwilde12
Where are you located? It will be best if you try to find a local buyer.

Another issue is with shipping...

People might be willing to pay $200 for the fixture, but factor in shipping costs and the high risk of it getting damaged in shipping and it makes it even harder to find a buyer...

Thanks so much! We are in Philadelphia...so I will post online here..thanks!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies