Author Topic: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk  (Read 1124 times)
trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « on: August 16, 2016, 05:07:20 AM » Author: trencheel303
I'm in the UK and looking to acquire some cool green fluorescents - particularly in 20W t12 form. It seems they just don't exist over here, and any stockists that I can find on the North American continent want to charge exorbitant prices (over $100) to post to me or won't at all.

Does anyone have any ideas or guidance as to how best to go about achieving this? A middle man is a possibility, but that's a big ask.

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11976

YouTube

wattMaster

View Gallery

Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:55 AM » Author: wattMaster
The best situation I could think of is me getting that F15T8 from the vintage store, and shipping it to you. But I probably can't do that.
Should this be in the Wanted section?

Stop LED Streetlights- streetlights.info

trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 07:30:43 AM » Author: trencheel303
Is there a reason you can't? Obviously I'd pay in advance. Perhaps this should be in wanted yes - if the moderator sees this, please can the thread be moved?

YouTube

wattMaster

View Gallery

Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:34:57 AM » Author: wattMaster
Is there a reason you can't? Obviously I'd pay in advance. Perhaps this should be in wanted yes - if the moderator sees this, please can the thread be moved?

I think there's a button to move this thread, if I remember correctly.
Read about this Cool Green tube here.

Stop LED Streetlights- streetlights.info

Silverliner
Administrator

View Gallery

Verd a ray classic.

GoL
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 05:22:43 PM » Author: Silverliner
I moved it for you.

May all the great lighting technologies have their place in history.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

subway5411

View Gallery

Brett

subway5411 subway5411 subway5411
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 03:00:38 PM » Author: subway5411
I might be able to get some F30T12/CG lamps for you. They might have some at the local restore. Only problem is getting them shipped overseas might cause them to break.

PM me if your interested!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:03:48 PM by subway5411 » Logged
trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 05:39:22 PM » Author: trencheel303
thanks Brett, I think I will take you up on that.

YouTube

trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:18 PM » Author: trencheel303
Ka-bump!

Any takers on this? Still no luck getting cool green in the UK, most people here haven't even heard of it.

Only chance from buying commercially is to buy a case, keep some for myself and hope to sell off the rest to cover my outgoings, but I suspect liquidity of such an unusual thing isnt high.

I'd be happy to receive just a small tube or two, 15W T8 would actually be ideal as I'll soon have a fixture for running that.

If anyone has some CG lamps they would be happy to pass on (or can get hold of) I will pay handsomely!

YouTube

Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 07:55:44 PM » Author: Lodge
Call an escalator service company, and ask for a step demarcation light, I know this sounds strange but they are like the only industry that still uses Green florescent lights, so someone like OTIS/ KONE/ Schindler, might be able to help, and they also seem to stockpile old technologies and normally have them in stock for many years after production, But I'm not sure what size they use.. 
sol

View Gallery

Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 08:11:47 PM » Author: sol
Actually, I believe escalator step demarcation lights are plain green fluorescent lamps. Member trencheel303 is looking for a different colour of lamp, which is cool green. While both lamps are in fact green, the escalator ones are a very saturated green colour and the cool green is a mainly white colour with a greenish tinge to it. The cool green lamps were once common in offices, used for general lighting. The saturated green escalator demarcation lamps are way too much saturated for that.

If I understand correctly, the cool green era was more prevalent in North America than in Europe, which explains why North American members can find them more easily than European members.
trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 03:14:50 AM » Author: trencheel303
yes we never had cool green in the UK.

YouTube

TL8W

View Gallery

Lee

None
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 03:41:47 PM » Author: TL8W
There is one on amazon that ships to the uk. The cost is 24 approx for the lamp, and roughly the same amount shipping.  I have always had a 'dormant claim' on one since spotting pics of them  in other collectors' albums. I am likely to order one in the next few days, and would be happy to piggyback another and split the shipping.  If not, I'll press ahead by 7.3.17.

Should you wish to purchase one independently, here is the link.....

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-LIGHT-BULB-F15T8-Light/dp/B01EI4YD1A

Tolerance respect and fairness = peace and harmony. The opposite also applies.

trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 05:22:01 PM » Author: trencheel303
Thank you for the link, lee

I would consider splitting although the last few times I tried to make contact with you I didn't get anything back?

YouTube

trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 04:47:58 PM » Author: trencheel303
BUYER BEWARE.

I will spare the details, but the lamp from the Amazon link above is not a genuine CG lamp. It is instead a cool white lamp with a green sleeve over it. The seller is entirely un-cooperative, claiming the problem is mine for expecting an old product, and that a sleeved cool white is the modern equivalent replacement  Roll Eyes

A clear case of misrepresentation and fraud, I will now do my bit submitting an appropriate review and raising an Amazon case. Avoid!

YouTube

TL8W

View Gallery

Lee

None
Re: Cool green fluorescent acquisition - help - I'm in the uk « Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 06:49:32 PM » Author: TL8W
Shan't be touching those now. Problems with my personal accounts (well problems with Amazon) frustrated my attempts to buy one. I don't know how I would have reacted if my purchase could go through. My knowledge of Amazon is not great, but surely a full refund, including shipping ought to be payable when a seller misled the buyer.

Tolerance respect and fairness = peace and harmony. The opposite also applies.

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines