Author Topic: Destroyed MH Lights  (Read 9831 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Destroyed MH Lights « on: September 02, 2016, 06:03:07 PM » Author: wattMaster
There is a "natural" food store around here, they are fairly popular, and the inside of it was lit by some MH high/low bays, it looked very nice there.
They happily hummed until they moved to avoid high rental rates, and the old building has been demolished. :o
I can only hope the lights were saved, as I don't see any remnants of them in the rubble.
I haven't been to the new store, but it was replaced by warmer looking lighting, and looked suspiciously LED. >:(
Another thing, there is a new Whole Foods store being constructed, and I saw that they were using the same glare-causing LED lights. They even had LED high bays!
I quite miss the old lighting, but maybe somewhere I have a photo
Some of them were buzzing quite loudly, and had slightly different color temperatures.
Maybe the new store doesn't have LED?

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:11:12 PM » Author: Lumex120
There is a "natural" food store around here, they are fairly popular, and the inside of it was lit by some MH high/low bays, it looked very nice there.
They happily hummed until they moved to avoid high rental rates, and the old building has been demolished. :o
I can only hope the lights were saved, as I don't see any remnants of them in the rubble.
I haven't been to the new store, but it was replaced by warmer looking lighting, and looked suspiciously LED. >:(
Another thing, there is a new Whole Foods store being constructed, and I saw that they were using the same glare-causing LED lights. They even had LED high bays!
I quite miss the old lighting, but maybe somewhere I have a photo
Some of them were buzzing quite loudly, and had slightly different color temperatures.
Maybe the new store doesn't have LED?
Nope, contractors are full of so much greenwash they don't give a crap about anything other than LED.  :( >:(

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 06:29:35 PM » Author: wattMaster
What would they do if you asked them to install a non-LED light?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 06:32:37 PM » Author: Lumex120
Claim that other light sources are "inefficient and dangerous".

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 06:35:42 PM » Author: wattMaster
Then explain that other light sources are actually more efficient than LED.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 07:06:29 PM » Author: Lumex120
Then explain that other light sources are actually more efficient than LED.
They won't believe you.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 07:15:06 PM » Author: wattMaster
What do you think they would tell you if you told the contractor hard facts?

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 07:42:31 PM » Author: Ash
Some will listen, some won't. If all you want is the contractor to install what you want in your place, there is a more efficient way to do it : Ask him to install this or you'll be looking for another contractor
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 07:57:50 PM » Author: wattMaster
Some will listen, some won't. If all you want is the contractor to install what you want in your place, there is a more efficient way to do it : Ask him to install this or you'll be looking for another contractor
So easy, maybe they would give us a discount to "soften the blow" because they think the fixture is inefficient enough to raise the power bill a lot.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 08:10:20 PM » Author: Ash
Evaluate the suggested price before asking for discount on labor cost. Peeps are generally offended when you tell them their work cost less than they named it. And its definitely not the contractor's fault that you asked him to install what he sees as inferior, so i dont see why would he deserve any less pay
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 09:02:30 PM » Author: wattMaster
Well, it would be offered by them as a "discount".

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 09:08:12 PM » Author: Ash
Why ?
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 09:11:27 PM » Author: wattMaster
Why ?
Here's how it would go:
"I am going to install this fixture, but you should be aware that these are inefficient and can cost the earth a lot.
But to help with any higher costs, I'm going to give you a little discount on the installation of this."

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 09:17:50 PM » Author: Ash
Not going to happen
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Destroyed MH Lights « Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 09:22:36 PM » Author: wattMaster
Not going to happen
What If it does?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies