Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249847 times)
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #60 on: August 08, 2017, 04:02:04 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Speaking of SOX, I sat in my car at sunset and watched the nearby SOX street lights turn on and warm up. ;)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #61 on: August 08, 2017, 08:45:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Mercurylamps
Speaking of SOX, I sat in my car at sunset and watched the nearby SOX street lights turn on and warm up. ;)
That would be a really cool sight :)
SOX has the best startup on any light!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #62 on: August 09, 2017, 06:15:14 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
That would be a really cool sight :)
SOX has the best startup on any light!

Oh yes, I love how they glow a bright neon red, and they gradually turn amber colour starting at the electrode end first. A beautiful sight is seeing orange SOX against a fading sky as well. 8)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #63 on: August 09, 2017, 10:44:58 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Mercurylamps
Oh yes, I love how they glow a bright neon red, and they gradually turn amber colour starting at the electrode end first. A beautiful sight is seeing orange SOX against a fading sky as well. 8)
Yep its those colors/changes at startup that make them soo cool :)
Can't say on seeing them startup as the sunset fades out, since I've never seen it(only SOX I've watched fire up is the 1 fixture I own), but I imagine that would look awesome!

---------------
Today lighting wize:
I replaced a ballast in my fishtank light...It'd gone up in smoke last weekend. :o cracked it open afterwards...whatever the little part was that fried, certainly was well done...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #64 on: August 09, 2017, 10:57:02 PM » Author: Lodge
Can't say on seeing them startup as the sunset fades out, since I've never seen it(only SOX I've watched fire up is the 1 fixture I own), but I imagine that would look awesome!

---------------
Today lighting wize:
I replaced a ballast in my fishtank light...It'd gone up in smoke last weekend. :o cracked it open afterwards...whatever the little part was that fried, certainly was well done...

Yep with SOX the Sun goes down and comes up minutes later and lasts all night long, and I'm sure the fish are happy the only thing you fried is the ballast..
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #65 on: August 10, 2017, 08:57:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Lodge
Yep with SOX the Sun goes down and comes up minutes later and lasts all night long,
If the lights were timed just right, you could get a great pic with sunset & lamp startup ... matching colors on both  :)

and I'm sure the fish are happy the only thing you fried is the ballast..
Yep!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #66 on: August 12, 2017, 07:32:58 AM » Author: Mercurylamps

---------------
Today lighting wize:

I do a fair amount of driving at night time and not only is the colour of SOX cool, but I also feel it is easier on the eyes. One awesome thing I love to do is park my current car (Subaru Outback) under a SOX street lamp and open the sunroof so I can see it switch on and warm up directly underneath. It looks so awesome. ;D

Hmm today lighting wise I changed over some light bulbs at my sisters place since she felt the lights were too dull. Half of the CFLs in use at her house was dull and aged.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #67 on: August 16, 2017, 10:53:44 PM » Author: CEB1993
Today, I tried a lampshade clip on an A21 incandescent bulb to make sure it fit and didn't crush the glass.  It worked perfectly  :)  I'm working on a rustic wilderness-styled lamp for my lake house bedroom and the lamp doesn't have a harp, so I am using a shade clip with the shade and the A21 light bulb.  

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #68 on: August 22, 2017, 10:35:17 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I replaced the power cord on the 1000W flood i built so it no longer gets luke warm when i turn it on

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #69 on: August 26, 2017, 01:57:56 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Yesterday I replaced about 20 EoL of these things which are really only re-badged Philips.  They only made it about 3 or 4 years, out of the 100+ that were installed.  HA!  I told the facilities group not to get ripped off by getting these and instead just purchase the Philips brand and save a lot of $$$ but did they listen to me?  Noooooo. 

I also replaced a bunch of 4 year old EoL or near EoL Sylvania F32T8 4100k. 

Today.. I swapped out about 24 F32T8 3000K for 4100K tubes.  More color appropriate for the room they were in.   Blue carpet, white walls, and what not.  Looks better. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #70 on: August 26, 2017, 10:52:57 PM » Author: Lodge
Well I seen Owen was making power cords so I did that today, with 10/4 SOOW cord with 1 L14-30 plug (120-240 @ 30 amps) twistlock, going into 4 X Nema 5-20r (120 volt @ 20 amps) plugs for my generator, so I can still have lights when the power goes out..
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #71 on: August 27, 2017, 01:05:00 AM » Author: tolivac
Ordered some CMH 315W PGZ18 315W grow lights from Growers Supply-LOVE THESE THINGS-Very nice warm white color.The ballasts are an electronic LF square wave.They have a 5 position "dimmer" switch.It does work.For best results in using the dimmer-let the bulb run for 10 min after turn on-then the dim works well.The PGZ18 lamps come in two wattages-210,315W They are two diffrent envelopes-one for enclosed fixtures-a T9 outer bulb over the ceramic arc tube.The open rated lamps have an additional T12 glass bulb over the inner T9 one-two layers of glass between the arc tube.When you first start the lights-the inner arc tube floureces a light blue color.Wether you grow plants or not-these make good lights.Philips introduced these lamps-the ones that came with the fixtures are in unmarked white boxes.Also the 315W lamps come in 3100K(the ones I have) or 4K colors.They can be run in any position.I may order some Philips lamps at a future time.When I ordered-I asked for a spare bulb for each light-they gave me two additional bulbs!These lights have been touted to even replace LED grow lights and 1 Kw HPS ones.The data suggests the lamps can last from 15-20K hrs with less than 80% light reduction.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #72 on: September 11, 2017, 12:23:31 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I stuck a 2xF96 slimline fixture on the garage wall...didn't connect or even put the channel covers on since I'm not sure where they are. But it was just sitting around unused in the way anyway (and will eventually be connected up/put together)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #73 on: October 07, 2017, 06:57:36 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Yesterday I re-lamped about 60 or so F40T12s and changed out 4 bad tar burners. (ballasts) 1973 vintage.  Thankfully none of them spewed out the tar when they failed, a few just dripped it out.   There will be many more of the same vintage ballasts in the gym that I took these out of that will be going out over the next few years.  We were going to convert the fixtures over to T8 but I'm having some luck in talking them out of converting them and just replacing the fixtures a few are all scared up from spewing failing ballasts, some from rust from water leaks over the years, and others the paint just flaking off of the fixtures.  it's going to be a few more years most likely before we replace em though so I am happy to have some fixtures that still use T12 bulbs as I have a lot of them I need to use up in storage.   

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #74 on: October 07, 2017, 07:21:48 PM » Author: wattMaster
Today I replaced an AEL 115 with a PSMH yardblaster, just as a little experiment.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies