Author Topic: Worst LED Fixtures  (Read 542 times)
wattMaster

View Gallery

Lit With CFL

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 03:27:59 PM » Author: wattMaster
My god. If you think that's ugly... I'm glad I didn't post a pic of the Greenstar in here. Don't wanna be here if anyone else decides to do so. Shocked LOL!
Maybe you can PM me the photo?

Where are daylight fluorescents when you need them?

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 03:42:22 PM » Author: Ash
Why are you taking a cobrahead as a standard for beauty anyway ? I consider LED ugliness by whether the LED dots are visible without optics, not by similarity to non LED lanterns..
wattMaster

View Gallery

Lit With CFL

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 04:11:17 PM » Author: wattMaster
Why are you taking a cobrahead as a standard for beauty anyway ? I consider LED ugliness by whether the LED dots are visible without optics, not by similarity to non LED lanterns..
I assume because there are no other choices, bucket lights maybe, except the good looking ones seem to be rare.

Zarlog

View Gallery

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 04:27:27 PM » Author: Zarlog
The Autobahn? LOL! Not ugly. Not even close! They look more cobrahead than many LED fixtures. A slimmer one at that.

My god. If you think that's ugly... I'm glad I didn't post a pic of the Greenstar in here. Don't wanna be here if anyone else decides to do so. Shocked LOL!
they are horribly glarey and seem to have that sickening effect that the other ones they use here don't. Plus I have seen more failures of these than other ones.

"Sometimes, the most overlooked opportunities are in the learning of and improvement in old technologies."
LED = Low efficiency disaster

AngryHorse

View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 12:52:42 AM » Author: AngryHorse
One hour use straight out of the box or you managed to get lucky to see its last hour after an unknown amount of hours it did over the time it was in service?

Wondering if it's worth going after them for collection or not. If it only last one hour straight out of the box then not really worth it. Then I looked the things up. Yeah, no. Not worth it. Kinda ugly IMO. Shocked Cheesy LOL!

Worst LED fixtures... Anything without a brand name coming out of China thru eBay and such. Can't trust them. No brands no way of going after them if it dies too early.

Ugly LED fixtures... The Greenstar horrors! Two of them has decided to present themselves in my area. Ugly in person as they're ugly in Internet pics.
It had been in service, but thats the issue, we had them installed in my town a few months ago, within the first 3 weeks, I counted 1 diode board fail, and 3 complete outages!, the best LED installation near me I have seen to date, has been using Holophane`s Factor Large LED lanterns.

These have been up for about 4 years now, (some 40 odd lanterns on the same stretch of road), and there have been NO fails, and not one diode has gone out on their boards yet!

Site maintenance engineer, plumbing, electrical, building work, joinery, painting, networking, cctv!, we do the lot! Cheesy

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 01:38:09 AM » Author: Ash
WattMaster

Cant you evaluate lanterns by themselfes, not by comparing to other lanterns ? (i am talking about looks here, not about performance)
wattMaster

View Gallery

Lit With CFL

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 07:20:36 AM » Author: wattMaster
I think beauty is all relative, so you have to compare them to other things.
What I mainly don't like with most LED streetlights are the very small LEDs they use, so you have an array of point sized light sources.

wattMaster

View Gallery

Lit With CFL

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 04:04:41 PM » Author: wattMaster
Likely my least favorite LED fixture right now is this one.

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines