Author Topic: Worst LED Fixtures  (Read 15427 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Worst LED Fixtures « on: September 10, 2016, 07:19:44 PM » Author: wattMaster
What's the worst LED fixture you have seen?
The worst I have seen is one at the beach, it was one of those ultra-cheap Ebay Corn-On-The-COB LED floodlights. The problem with it is that it has loads of glare, and had a very purple light, enough to make me think they used purple LEDs!

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 01:28:21 AM » Author: Silverliner
The Greenstars in San Antonio, TX. UGLEEE!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:56:33 PM » Author: M250R201SA
"What's the worst LED fixture you have seen?"

So far, all of them!  I was watching the news, and they had a story about how LED streetlights are bad for people because of the color temperature and how many people are advocating against them now, many of them being MDs and DOs, because of how they affect people's sleep.  Some cities have started ordering LED fixtures with 3000 & 3500K color temperatures instead of the between 4-6000K color temps that have been seen going up. My PCP prefers HPS luminaires due to the warm hues.  I asked him what he says when people ask about the terrible CRI, and he said that if you want to see things for their color, wait for daylight, but streetlights are designed to light the street and if they do that, and do not affect the sleep patterns of his patients, then they are doing their job.  He thinks LEDs are just someone's political game

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 10:03:22 PM » Author: wattMaster
I don't like the new LED post top fixtures here, because they have a glare-filled stark white light.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 10:06:39 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Here we go again...  ::)

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 02:32:44 AM » Author: dor123
This and this , and generally all of the fixtures that has been installed by Juganu.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 08:39:11 AM » Author: Lumex120
This and this , and generally all of the fixtures that has been installed by Juganu.
"crap toy"  :D

Unofficial LG Discord

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 04:35:28 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Urbis`s Amparea! ;D
Sorry Urbis, but as well as the ones packing up in service, we, (at our last meet), watched one pack up right in front of our eyes within an hour of being on!!
No, really........

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 04:56:25 PM » Author: FGS
Urbis`s Amparea! ;D
Sorry Urbis, but as well as the ones packing up in service, we, (at our last meet), watched one pack up right in front of our eyes within an hour of being on!!
No, really........

One hour use straight out of the box or you managed to get lucky to see its last hour after an unknown amount of hours it did over the time it was in service?

Wondering if it's worth going after them for collection or not. If it only last one hour straight out of the box then not really worth it. Then I looked the things up. Yeah, no. Not worth it. Kinda ugly IMO. :o :D LOL!

Worst LED fixtures... Anything without a brand name coming out of China thru eBay and such. Can't trust them. No brands no way of going after them if it dies too early.

Ugly LED fixtures... The Greenstar horrors! Two of them has decided to present themselves in my area. Ugly in person as they're ugly in Internet pics.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:00:38 PM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 05:05:40 PM » Author: wattMaster
Ugly LED fixtures... The Greenstar horrors! Two of them has decided to present themselves in my area. Ugly in person as they're ugly in Internet pics.
Do you have a photo of them?

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 05:09:36 PM » Author: Ash
That 3 circle shaver thing ?
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 05:13:34 PM » Author: FGS
@Ash - three circle shaver thing? ???
@Wattmaster - you want me to risk breaking my camera? :P

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 05:19:41 PM » Author: Lumex120
That 3 circle shaver thing ?
You mean this?

(don't hurt yourself looking at it)

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 05:25:22 PM » Author: wattMaster
You mean this?

Image isn't showing up... but I just copied the link.
I thought they were some crazy flat panel!

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 05:26:10 PM » Author: FGS
You mean this?

The Autobahn? LOL! Not ugly. Not even close! They look more cobrahead than many LED fixtures. A slimmer one at that.

My god. If you think that's ugly... I'm glad I didn't post a pic of the Greenstar in here. Don't wanna be here if anyone else decides to do so. :o LOL!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies