Author Topic: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland  (Read 1549 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « on: September 16, 2016, 03:15:50 AM » Author: Michael
I just like to inform you that the very last proud incandescent bulb factory RIGHI LICHT AG in Switzerland is about closing!!!!!
That's the head lines in our regional news papers!
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:44:21 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Must be a slow news day.  Nothing like that would ever make headlines or lowlines or even in the paper or news site for that matter over here in the states. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 03:07:05 PM » Author: Ash
There are quite a few GLS factories that move to making LED filament lamps, while keeping significant part of their tooling. This should have been possible with the GLS factory - My thought is that it got killed by Chinese imports (of all lamp types that can go in E27 socket) and not by the diminishing market for GLS
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 03:38:01 PM » Author: Michael
Here is the link to the article in our news paper (German): http://www.solothurnerzeitung.ch/schweiz/der-letzten-gluehbirnenfabrik-der-schweiz-droht-das-aus-wir-haben-sie-besucht-130572860
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:11:26 PM by monkeyface » Logged
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 02:09:37 AM » Author: dor123
Here is an english google translated version from mine .
I don't think that this is the same fate like that happened with Shaltiel with us in Israel. Shaltiel indeed has been killed by the chinese imports and mainly by the LED boom at the beginning of the 2010's, but here that incandescent factory has been killed by the EU incandescent ban and isn't related to chinese imports and/or LED.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 05:44:55 PM » Author: Michael
That's correct dor! Sadly it is! I'm trying to find out how complicated it is to obtain one of their production lines and set it in our workshop if its possible to make my own bulbs in small numbers.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 01:19:38 AM » Author: Ash
That would be interesting. What production line would you like to maintain and what parts to source from elsewhere ?
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 07:28:02 PM » Author: Michael
I got some news about the Righi Licht plant! The Factory will be safe for the future! So they are keep on going strong as one of the last incandescent bulb factory in Europe! That's thebmessage from the new management!
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 02:49:37 AM » Author: Ash
Good news. Any change to the products or the market they are selling to ?
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Closing of the Incandescent Lamp Factory in Switzerland « Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 04:07:59 AM » Author: Michael
No I don't think they'll change their portfolio so far. I'll get informed soon. Now imai have paid the 1000W bulbs which are quite costly  ;)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies