Author Topic: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news  (Read 3413 times)
dieselbulb

View Posts
View Gallery

newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « on: April 14, 2017, 03:53:57 PM » Author: dieselbulb
I was looking for the video on the newcandescent website of the guy eating a light bulb when I realized the site is no more, was there last month.

Did they quit the incandescent light bulb?
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:35:35 PM » Author: Patrick
Yeah, looks like it.  If you compare the current site to the former, you'll see they have the same telephone number and South Hackensack, NJ address is before.  How ironic that a even a business founded on preserving the traditional incandescent bulb and American lamp manufacturing is now selling the very products they claimed produced poorer quality light and were responsible for the loss of American jobs.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:53:33 AM » Author: marcopete87
I'm not sure this company was actually using american workforce, it's like some of our brands which claims "Made in Italy", where the only italian production step (the final production step) is simply an (underpayed) label application or abusing of foreign workforce.

http://www.mffashion.com/it/archivio/2005/06/02/dove-producono-le-griffe-del-made-in-italy
http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/cronache/i-piumini-moncler-gabanelli-prende-mira-gucci-1077759.html
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 01:55:27 AM » Author: dor123
I think that I've understood what is happening here, and I don't expect this to happen. By what they was with former activity (Preserving traditional incandescent lamps and american manufacturing), and by looking at their old website, I think they would be a non-profit organization that wanted to preserve the incandescent lamp and the american manufacturing, as incandescent lamps usually don't produces the same profits as LEDs today. Based on their new website, I think that they simply replaced ownership, and that the new owner decided to transform this non-profit organization to a LED business...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:22:26 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 03:06:57 AM » Author: Silverliner
Anyone care to call them?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:02:19 AM » Author: marcopete87
non-profit business

truth =  (non-profit) xor (business)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 07:31:41 AM » Author: dor123
Totally correct. I corrected my comment, and deleted the note about Shaingout, as it not suitable here, as this thread telling about a non-profit organization that has been transformed to a business ltd. In this case: A non-profit organization for preserving the incandescent lamp and the american manufacturing that has been transformed to a LED company ltd.
As such a case, in theory, is unrealistic, isn't someone hacked newcandescent.com website or that the original Newcandescent non-profit organization, stopped its activity, and the newcandescent.com domain, has been turned to a scam website being operated by someone else (The new website looks like fake)?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 03:04:17 AM » Author: Silverliner
Note the Newcandescent LED site has a copyright year of 2015.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 03:20:43 AM » Author: Lodge
And they have been peddling Chinese LED's since 2014 :> https://web.archive.org/web/20140626202113/http://newcandescent-led.com:80/
They are also owned by epiclightbulb.com which has been AWOL since 2014...
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 03:25:14 AM » Author: dor123
Looks like the original Newcandescent organization has been stopped their activity for some reasons, and that the newcandescent.com domain, has been turned into an impostor phishing/scam website (If they retains the "Newcandescent" name and the original phone number of the former organization. In any case, the current website isn't of Newcandescent organization, but of some impostors.

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 01:08:04 PM » Author: marcopete87
it's more likely they are the same importer.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: newcandescent.com now an LED site? Can't find any news « Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 01:25:31 PM » Author: dor123
Newcandescent were, at their original form, a non-profit organization, for preserving the incandescent lamp and the american manufacturing. Currently they looks like a company ltd of LEDs. As such a tranformation, is unrealistic in theory, I think that the original organization stopped their activity, and that the newcandescent.com domain was brought by a LED company. But I more think that the domain is now more likely an impostor, and not the real Newcandescent organization.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies