Author Topic: Philips MASTER TLD Reflex lamps discontinued  (Read 1302 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips MASTER TLD Reflex lamps discontinued « on: April 26, 2019, 08:38:02 AM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I found on internet that Philips T8 reflex tubes are discontinued.Do you have any idea why and where this tubes were used and were they some junk or they were good ?
P.S I understand English language so you don't need to translate to Serbian.I wrote on Serbian if there is some Serb.
Here is the link of product:http://www.slc.philips.com/prof/conventional-lamps-and-tubes/fluorescent-lamps-and-starters/tl-d/master-tl-d-reflex

Zdravo svima. Na internetu sam pronašao da su povučene  Philips Master REFLEX fluo cevi. Imate li ikakvu ideju zašto su povučene iz prodaje i gde su se koristile ove cevi i da li su bile neki krš ili su bile dobre?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:52:01 PM by Jovan » Logged
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips MASTER TLD Reflex lamps discontinued « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 02:30:18 PM » Author: Ash
They direct light in one direction (not all the light, but more in that direction and less elsewhere)

They are a little less efficient than normal tubes, but the internal reflector is better than than worn out optics of old Fluorescent luminaires, so in such applications (for top down lighting) they do have efficiency advantage

Discontinued as part of removing lamp choices in general. This is both an intended move to push users to LEDs one step at a time, and a result of dropping demands for the lamps

This is especially so for the reflector lamps since 1. the light distribution of some LED T8 tubes is identical to that of the reflector T8s and they cost much less (in tube price), 2. I think the reflector tubes were used mostly in new installs specified by professionals, but when tubes EOL, users tend to replace "special" lamps with ordinary lamps in general since they are cheaper and more widely available, and now T8s are not used much for new installs, 3. Users are conned into replacing away the luminaires that use the tubes
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips MASTER TLD Reflex lamps discontinued « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 05:48:09 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I found on internet that Philips T8 reflex tubes are discontinued.Do you have any idea why and where this tubes were used and were they some junk or they were good ?
P.S I understand English language so you don't need to translate to Serbian.I wrote on Serbian if there is some Serb.
Here is the link of product:http://www.slc.philips.com/prof/conventional-lamps-and-tubes/fluorescent-lamps-and-starters/tl-d/master-tl-d-reflex

Zdravo svima. Na internetu sam pronašao da su povučene  Philips Master REFLEX fluo cevi. Imate li ikakvu ideju zašto su povučene iz prodaje i gde su se koristile ove cevi i da li su bile neki krš ili su bile dobre?
Thanks Ash for info.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies