Author Topic: Westinghouse Mini gumball dating help  (Read 2747 times)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Westinghouse Mini gumball dating help « on: July 27, 2017, 07:36:08 PM » Author: Lodge
I found two of these Westinghouse mini gumball fixtures in a farmers field and bought them both, one came complete with an old CGE 175 watt clear MV which looks to be in good shape, but I've been looking all over the internet and there really isn't much info on these, and the reflector is smooth all the AK-10 fixtures I've seen have ridges on them but it's the closest I can find, so if you know of anything about them I would love to hear it, and I would like to know the age of them.

Inside the glass globe right around the ring it does say Westinghouse, and on the outside there is a house side on the glass and the socket is adjustable in height for three different length lamps and the ceramic base is about 1.5 inches thick with no protection around the socket shell, and the insulator base is glazed so it didn't break off, and the head doesn't say Westinghouse but it does have a simple W in the casting on the front side.

Thanks.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Westinghouse Mini gumball dating help « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:57:02 PM » Author: Lumex120
I am not sure the date on those, but would you have any interest in selling one?

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Westinghouse Mini gumball dating help « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 09:50:03 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
is that thing on top a cover for a photocell? or is it perma sealed? also is the ballast not there because someone took it out or is it meant to be remote ballasted? i've never seen one of these in real life as far as i can remember, very cool fixture.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse Mini gumball dating help « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:00:41 PM » Author: Lodge
is that thing on top a cover for a photocell? or is it perma sealed? also is the ballast not there because someone took it out or is it meant to be remote ballasted? i've never seen one of these in real life as far as i can remember, very cool fixture.

It's all cast aluminum, there is no where to plug in a photocell, and they can be remote ballasted or burn incandescent, the mogul socket height is adjustable for different length bulbs so you maintain the correct optics, Thanks.   
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Westinghouse Mini gumball dating help « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 04:02:41 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
if you have one of those timer box things you could hook it up to that... i dont know what they're called but i've seen they around, that way you can not worry about switches

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse Mini gumball dating help « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 11:31:19 PM » Author: Lodge
if you have one of those timer box things you could hook it up to that... i dont know what they're called but i've seen they around, that way you can not worry about switches

They will be going on an astrological timer (self adjusting timer for sunrise and sunset) because I like the manual override capability because there is times I like it dark, like when I have a fire going in the back yard and I have colored led lighting and several 24 VDC Christmas light strings hung all over the backyard which provides enough light but it's not brightly lit up.. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies