Author Topic: Look what someone scored for $220!  (Read 1944 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Look what someone scored for $220! « on: August 09, 2014, 10:14:09 PM » Author: nicksfans
Someone got away with a deal.

http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=77&acctid=2630

And then there's this guy, rolling in 7 cases of F90T17s, among other lamps, for a measly $111.

http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=892&acctid=2628

Finally, is this for real?

http://searchbulbs.com/productdetails/7628
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:37:06 PM by nicksfans » Logged

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

wishus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Look what someone scored for $220! « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:03:49 PM » Author: wishus
I tried ordering some F90T17's from SearchBulbs's site.  I then tried to pay for my order by Paypal but Paypal came back with an Error "We are unable to process this transaction for this merchant" or some such message.  I then emailed SearchBulbs using the email address given on the page asking to get back to me about this problem but never heard a peep from them.  
After two weeks of not hearing anything, I went back to the site and changed my profile to garbage info.
I say stay away from them, I bet they are a front for collecting credit card numbers and/or personal information.  Thank god I tried to pay by Paypal, there's no way I'll enter my credit card number online at a business I am not familiar with.  I know it's not a problem with my PayPal account; I've paid for transactions on ebay before and after this happened with no problems.
If anyone is more brave and/or desperate to get their hands on F90T17's than I am, please let us know if you decide to go ahead with a transaction there.
Though I'd suggest to at the very least email or call them first before placing an order there.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:12:49 PM by wishus » Logged

Interested mainly in discharge lighting (mercury, sodium, neon) and also old and unusual incandescents.

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Look what someone scored for $220! « Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:22:07 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Do not order anything from SearchBulbs.com. I had the misfortune and headache of ordering from them about a year ago. I was looking for the extremely hard to get (at least here in the US) GE Arcstream 250w daylight metal halide rated for base-up burn position. Only the horizontal burn version is readily available here in the US. And conveniently SearchBulbs had this lamp in stock. I ordered 2 of them and got the email confirmations and whatnot right after. My credit card was charged next day, two weeks go by...no lamps. I attempted every method of contacting these guys, phone, email and no replies or call backs on either. I was just about to reverse my credit card charges at the bank when a box from them finally arrived almost 3 weeks later. Though what I received were not GE lamps, but rather a chinese knockoff that came in a plain white sleeve labeled MHQ-250 Mogul with "6500K" checked off on the box. Needless to say I still reversed by CC charges and didnt hear a thing from SearchBulbs. If they really have T17's ide be willing to bet they are not GE brand either.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Look what someone scored for $220! « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:15:22 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I don't think anyone other than the large lighting companies made T17 lamps, but even if said lamps were knockoffs, some members here would kill for any working T17 lamps.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Look what someone scored for $220! « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 01:00:02 AM » Author: BlueHalide
You'd be surprised at whats still being produced in china that has been long since obsolete and discontinued by the big name brands. About a year ago I ordered some cheap F96HO T12 110w lamps from a chinese brand and they came as powergrooves, a slightly different pattern than the older name brand style albeit, but none the less surprised me.
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Look what someone scored for $220! « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 12:58:17 PM » Author: streetlight98
Looks like SearchBulbs is no more!

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Look what someone scored for $220! « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 01:13:22 AM » Author: lights*plus
Naturally, OP was posted 3½ years ago.

Someone asked me to put bookmark references in the book I'm writting. I asked what for? He replied "So that people will take you seriously." I asked back: What is worse? To be taken seriously or risk looking like a fool?
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Look what someone scored for $220! « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 01:22:34 PM » Author: streetlight98
So? 3.5 years ago doesn't mean anything. Many websites have been around a lot longer than that! ;) No idea what your second line has to do with anything though...

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies