Author Topic: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!?  (Read 2076 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « on: January 23, 2017, 05:17:04 PM » Author: Silverliner
I found this article today, see:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/01/21/this-is-how-change-comes-to-washington-detail-by-bureaucratic-detail/?utm_term=.0a5c698599b4

Doesn't specifically talk about bulbs, but the chance is great this will be written off! Call to support it scrapped!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 08:14:58 PM » Author: Lumex120
I hope so. What about those 3 way mogul base lamps? It seems that it never became a priority to make those in a CFL or LED version.

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 09:15:45 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Re mogul 3 way bulbs. I think there're adapters for three way moguls where you can put a 3 way medium bulb in. I think the 3 way moguls just fell outta popularity over the years.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 10:18:41 PM » Author: Silverliner
UPDATE: http://www.independentsentinel.com/trump-saves-three-way-globe-bulbs/

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 08:43:20 AM » Author: nogden
I hope so. What about those 3 way mogul base lamps? It seems that it never became a priority to make those in a CFL or LED version.

I thought the ban only affected medium base lamps. I don't believe mogul base lamps were ever in any danger.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 01:28:06 AM » Author: Lodge

3-Way Mogul base, I haven't seen one of those in the last two decades and it was a 100-200-300 watt if I remember correctly, I think the larger bulb and socket did them in, at least with a medium base you could just stick a normal light in them and not have to sit in the dark when both filaments went... 
bryanrb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 09:01:13 PM » Author: bryanrb
The 3-way mogul base bulbs were designed for the vintage 3-way floor lamps. No lamp fixture made today has mogul sockets. Only medium......
Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 way incandescent ban going to be written off?!? « Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:20 PM » Author: Ugly1
 There were two table lamps in my living room that used the mogul base three way bulbs. The bulbs were expensive and the 200 watt filament always seemed to burn out much faster than the 100 watt filament. I wound up putting in a standard mogul to medium base adapter and a standard 300 watt bulb.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies