Author Topic: Glow discharge that strikes inside the outer of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL?  (Read 1054 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Glow discharge that strikes inside the outer of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL? « on: February 12, 2017, 07:38:49 AM » Author: dor123
When I hot restrikes my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL Excellence in my tracklight, there is a glow discharge that strikes inside the outerbulb .
This was happened also when the lamp was used for the first time.
The lamp made in Germany.
Why this is happening?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:41:19 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Glow discharge that strikes inside the outer of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL? « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:02:52 AM » Author: dor123
If the glow discharge is intentional for producting UV radiation to assist striking the arctube, so why my lamp don't start at all when there is a complete darkness in my room?
Also: Why during the hot restrike, I see the usual corona discharge and not a lighted strip like the one observed with high xenon pressure HPS lamps with integrated starting strips during their hot restrike?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:04:22 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Glow discharge that strikes inside the outer of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL? « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 05:06:00 PM » Author: Ash
Because the discharge in the outer by itself might depend on the photoelectric effect.... Wonder how is that supposed to be sorted out ? Is it assumed that standard ignition voltage is sufficient to pull out Electrons there by electrical forces alone ?

The discharge in the outer must also not interfer with the discharge in the burner (so for example not clamp ignition pulses intended for the burner). Is it somehow a discharge which can limit its own current ? What would happen if a discharge lamp with same atmosphere (as the outer of the HID, but without option of striking inside the arctube) would be connected to HV, unlimited current source ?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies