Author Topic: 3 technologies one street  (Read 295 times)
hannahs lights

View Gallery

3 technologies one street « on: February 16, 2017, 10:32:26 AM » Author: hannahs lights
Just a couple of nites ago I was in the lanehouse area of town and noticed that there were HPSand LPS  and a few LEDisease street light all within about a half mile of each other now im very biased but the best by far were the sodiums good clear Iluminations and nice and bright without hurting my eyes the LEDs were truly craps glaring overbright and didn't seem toilluminate the road properly
Roi_hartmann

View Gallery

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:58 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Personally, I've never been a fan of sodium lamps (high or low pressure) as I dont like how it makes snowy landscape looking. It's good to hear there are still good old technologies still being used. In here, they are mass replacing older and newer streetlights to led over past few years.

The other day I searched Sitecos and Thorn lightings webpages for checking should I foubd any fancy streetlight for my collection but I mostly founded leds.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

monkeyface

View Gallery

Wolfram Verdampfungsgefässe

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 02:52:11 PM » Author: monkeyface
We have some corners here in our town with at least three different lighting technologies being used on the same spot.
 For the oldest on one side are fluorescent streetlights which I still maintain for the next two years, hp mercury vapour streetlights which I replace with LED. And HPS which I we keep on running hopefully for the next 20 years.
trencheel303

View Gallery

Go on, arcs me.

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:37:19 AM » Author: trencheel303
They were probably bad LED luminaires or the sodium lamps were over spec for the size of the road.

There is a road where I used to live that had a mass installation of LED lanterns years before any other LED went in. A trial I reckon, they're at least 5 years old and some are starting to show signs of age (greening out and lumen depreciation). They're also badly spaced and generally a bit of a naff installation.

Fast forward to today and they put in TRT aspects that have truly excellent light spread. From a distance they actually look like a traditional lamped luminaire as the LEDs are all clustered in the centre. No idea on wattage but I'll eat my shoes if they're higher than the sodium they're replacing.

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11976

YouTube

dischargecraze

View Gallery

My 1984 Philips HPL-N 125W

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:16:47 PM » Author: dischargecraze
There's a street in my town with LPS, HPS, MH, fluo and LED all within 1 or 2 kilometers apart. It gives a weird lighting pattern as LED MH and HPS are more like spots and LPS and fluorescent flood.

I'm interested in all kinds of lighting.

Print 
© 2005-2017 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines