Author Topic: 3 technologies one street  (Read 2868 times)
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

3 technologies one street « on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:26 AM » Author: hannahs lights
Just a couple of nites ago I was in the lanehouse area of town and noticed that there were HPSand LPS  and a few LEDisease street light all within about a half mile of each other now im very biased but the best by far were the sodiums good clear Iluminations and nice and bright without hurting my eyes the LEDs were truly craps glaring overbright and didn't seem toilluminate the road properly
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:44:58 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Personally, I've never been a fan of sodium lamps (high or low pressure) as I dont like how it makes snowy landscape looking. It's good to hear there are still good old technologies still being used. In here, they are mass replacing older and newer streetlights to led over past few years.

The other day I searched Sitecos and Thorn lightings webpages for checking should I foubd any fancy streetlight for my collection but I mostly founded leds.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 03:52:11 PM » Author: Michael
We have some corners here in our town with at least three different lighting technologies being used on the same spot.
 For the oldest on one side are fluorescent streetlights which I still maintain for the next two years, hp mercury vapour streetlights which I replace with LED. And HPS which I we keep on running hopefully for the next 20 years.
dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 04:16:47 PM » Author: dischargecraze
There's a street in my town with LPS, HPS, MH, fluo and LED all within 1 or 2 kilometers apart. It gives a weird lighting pattern as LED MH and HPS are more like spots and LPS and fluorescent flood.
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:52:48 PM » Author: hannahs lights
I was in that street again a few weeks ago and all the LPS lamps are gone😢 its just HPS and LEDisease now
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 03:09:50 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
My street is mostly HPS cobra with a few LED fixtures on random poles and 1 or 2 mercury vapor cobras aswell (They are actually HPS that have gone sodium starved early and have worked just fine as mercury vapor for many years. Same exact colour as mv too)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:11:30 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 06:22:26 PM » Author: M250R201SA
When I first moved into my house, the entire street and area were dim mercury vapor.  By 2016, they have replaced every single mercury vapor fixture with HPS and the surrounding area is a lot brighter, plus I have added a 250 and 400 watt HPS powrflood on my property, so now my house and driveway are adequately lit.  All they needed to do was relamp the Mercury, but it is rare for Ameren linemen to carry Mercury lamps on their truck, and even now, they only carry 175w when they do.  No more 250 watt MV for the 250w NEMAs in my neighborhood.  I have stumbled across a few more 250 watt MV NEMAs in my area, but only 2 of them are GE.  The others are either ITT or Cooper.  I've counted 4 more that I didn't know existed, but I am not calling the dim ones in, as I want the Mercury Vapor there as long as possible.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 06:28:24 PM » Author: M250R201SA
My street is mostly HPS cobra with a few LED fixtures on random poles and 1 or 2 mercury vapor cobras aswell (They are actually HPS that have gone sodium starved early and have worked just fine as mercury vapor for many years. Same exact colour as mv too)

Chances are the capacitor may be bad, and the lamps are old, so they don't warm up to 100%.  Got a few around here like that.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 05:00:43 PM » Author: Lodge
It's pretty rare to see that anymore, and the other fixtures won't last long once the LED's come to town they will eventually swap them all over, hopefully they do it as the fixtures fail though.. 
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 03:39:54 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
My city just relamped a failed cobrahead light in my neighbourhood that was fully out for a while. Now its a nice golden light again. My city is very corrupt and has budget issues so they no longer change fixtures to LED unless the original fixture gets damaged.

Administrator #5

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: 3 technologies one street « Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 06:15:15 PM » Author: Lodge
My city just relamped a failed cobrahead light in my neighbourhood that was fully out for a while. Now its a nice golden light again. My city is very corrupt and has budget issues so they no longer change fixtures to LED unless the original fixture gets damaged.

I'm surprised they actually changed it, and didn't just tell you to buy your own flashlight, with the cost of power over there..
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies